Fury 275g Bonded Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_2934.JPG

IMG_2939.JPG

Omega45 provided the 45 caliber 275 grain Star Tip 0.452" FURY bonded bullet.

IMG_2941.JPG

Distance between rifle, and horse was 25 yard. Powder load was 80 grain Blackhorn.

IMG_2944.JPG

The bullet severely damaged the front jug, destroyed the second jug, damaged the third, and fourth jug, holed the fifth, and sixth (last) jug. The bullet tore about 3/4" deep into the phone book, then backed into, and was held by the last jug.

IMG_2946.JPG

IMG_2947.JPG

I would think that with 80gr of BH....it should have opened up. Not good.

Cheap bullet to shoot if you can capture it. Just keep shooting it over and over.

ENCORE50A said:
dragonfly said:

Not positive, but I'd bet that bullet is designed for smokeless velocities....
I thought same but 1600 fs is pretty fast at 25 yds. And he does make two kinds.

45cal said:
ENCORE50A said:
dragonfly said:

Not positive, but I'd bet that bullet is designed for smokeless velocities....
I thought same but 1600 fs is pretty fast at 25 yds. And he does make two kinds.

That's true. Just seems there'd be a little more deformity.....

Do we know if this is the muzzleloader version of this bullet, which is supposed to be softer than the regular version? I have no experience with terminal performance or with a catch test like Ron's, but I have purchased some of the 275 star tip muzzleloader bullets and shot them through my McRem smokeless rifle. They are extremely easy to run through the sizing die and have virtually no spring back after sizing. As soft as the muzzleloader bullet is, I find it hard to believe it would show no expansion in this test. Was the bullet sent to Ron possibly the non-muzzleloader version?

Back