Fury 300g Star Tip Mz 2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we get 15 people in for $20 (30 for $10) we can get Ron a nice late/early birthday present. I'm in for $20, if someone else wants to setup a gofundme or something.

The depth of the rifling engraved in the bullet is most interesting. Only 80g Blackhorn, and compared to the barrel, the rifling engraved in the bullet is quite deep.

I also find rifling marks on bullets interesting, I have a bag full of different bullets that i saved.

That bullet had good obturation for 80gr of BH209.

This one is a copper bullet pushed hard
HzqMTt5.jpg

Explain the difference then between the INDUSTRY STANDARD test and Ron's test, and why the bullet functions properly in the INDUSTRY STANDARD test, yet fails in Ron's test?

Which test should the multitude of readers determine best represents the bullets they hunt with?

Why do the hunters using both smokers and SML state the bullet works exceptionally well on game?

Did or do you ever think, that posting "FAIL" and "isn't surprising", might just affect someone's livelihood or employees?

1, Industry Standard? Who was talking about industry Standard here? This is RON L’s Test that is being discussed, YOU are the one that Started the “Industry Standard” Stuff

2, which test? Whichever Test the USER Chooses to use? The Choice is Theirs, A great thing about living in the USA, Having the Freedom to Make your Own Decision

3, exceptionally well on game? This is a Guess, as i have no hands on experience with these Bullets. But After seeing RON L’s Test, And Reading 45-70s Post about 80 Grains of BH209 Not being enough, My guess is They are Pushing these Bullets HARD

4, affect someone’s livelihood or Employees? I guess if Speaking the Truth, Giving an Honest opinion does that? I simply gave my Honest Opinion of these Bullets as a HUNTING Bullet at Normal Muzzleloader Velocities, Especially a Long Range Hunting Bullet, after seeing RON L’s Tests. I have nothing in the World against Fury Bullets, or ANY other Bullet Company for that matter, I call things the way I see them, The way they are Layed out in front of me. I have put more time in the Field than MANY EVER will begin to. I have been through, and seen a LOT in that time

1, Industry Standard? Who was talking about industry Standard here? This is RON L’s Test that is being discussed, YOU are the one that Started the “Industry Standard” Stuff

2, which test? Whichever Test the USER Chooses to use? The Choice is Theirs, A great thing about living in the USA, Having the Freedom to Make your Own Decision

3, exceptionally well on game? This is a Guess, as i have no hands on experience with these Bullets. But After seeing RON L’s Test, And Reading 45-70s Post about 80 Grains of BH209 Not being enough, My guess is They are Pushing these Bullets HARD

4, affect someone’s livelihood or Employees? I guess if Speaking the Truth, Giving an Honest opinion does that? I simply gave my Honest Opinion of these Bullets as a HUNTING Bullet at Normal Muzzleloader Velocities, Especially a Long Range Hunting Bullet, after seeing RON L’s Tests. I have nothing in the World against Fury Bullets, or ANY other Bullet Company for that matter, I call things the way I see them, The way they are Layed out in front of me. I have put more time in the Field than MANY EVER will begin to. I have been through, and seen a LOT in that time

Expected exactly just that. Its always the debate for you along with how you treat those who disagree with you, instead of trying to find the reasoning, or conclusion to an issue SMH
Where's your $20 towards pitching in for Ron to use ballistics gel?

Its always the debate for you along with how you treat those who disagree with you

Show examples of me Doing this? I can’t think of 1 time where i have Done ANYTHING like this? You are Pulling Straws George, and Coming up Short

Of course I would put 20 Toward Ron’s Testing, That’s IF Ron Wants to mess with it?

Seems to indicate one may be able to get by with 90 or 95 grain loads. Worth a look anyway.

Ron I like your thinking about questioning the plywood. I wish there was something that I/anyone could think of that..... may...… help. What would happen if the first jug, along with the water, had an added substance. Heck, even a package of Jello, but I wouldn't suggest eating it afterwards LOL. Something that gave it a little resistance other than just the water itself? What about filling the jug with cooking flour with or without water? Cornmeal?

I appreciate Ron's efforts and will pony up a $20 if he cares to accept the offer. Maybe we should ask Ron if his wife will mind baking ballistic gel in the oven from time to time?

Well boys, right now the rifling engraved in the bullet is most interesting. Changing things the way they are, changing the current method, is not interesting.

Interesting to see the bullet change from a land rider, to near full bore bullet, when the powder is ignited. To see this, all that is needed is to catch the bullet. Doesn't matter the method is approved or disapproved .

Melting Ballistic Gel in our oven isn't going to happen.......

Am still curious what the 250g Fury Star Tip will do, if the powder is 50g; if the plywood is removed from the bottles.

Love it how you avoid answering legit questions, failing to answer a single one. Instead of answering legit questions, you refer to "your Beloved" and think its funny. SMH I've said it before and will say it again, you're more ready for an argument, belittling and laughing, than determining facts, or coming to conclusions.

I'm betting an INDUSTRY STANDARD test will likely be coming.

I think both of you are right to a degree and both are wrong to a degree. To really make valid arguments, you need to eliminate the apples to oranges stuff though.

One gun using identical components, weighed charges of the same lot of the same powder, bullets from the same lot, done the same day at roughly the same time, done at the same identical distance, two entirely different mediums for catching the bullets....this is called control and offers as close to scientific results as you could expect. If another test using a lighter charge weight is desired, every component of the test has to remain identical except the charge weight. Change any one aspect of the testing you want, one aspect at a time, but everything has to remain the same with all other elements involved.

Leave different gun types and powder types out of the fray. Leave two entirely different tests using entirely different catch mediums out of it too. Ron has one focus using non-conventional materials to do what he does. The ballistic gel "standardization" testing is done using very controlled materials.....two entirely different tests so whatever the results, there is nothing valid if the end results are to be compared. Apples to oranges guys. You're both right but you're both wrong. Kiss and make up now.

I think both of you are right to a degree and both are wrong to a degree. To really make valid arguments, you need to eliminate the apples to oranges stuff though.

One gun using identical components, weighed charges of the same lot of the same powder, bullets from the same lot, done the same day at roughly the same time, done at the same identical distance, two entirely different mediums for catching the bullets....this is called control and offers as close to scientific results as you could expect. If another test using a lighter charge weight is desired, every component of the test has to remain identical except the charge weight. Change any one aspect of the testing you want, one aspect at a time, but everything has to remain the same with all other elements involved.

Leave different gun types and powder types out of the fray. Leave two entirely different tests using entirely different catch mediums out of it too. Ron has one focus using non-conventional materials to do what he does. The ballistic gel "standardization" testing is done using very controlled materials.....two entirely different tests so whatever the results, there is nothing valid if the end results are to be compared. Apples to oranges guys. You're both right but you're both wrong. Kiss and make up now.

Tom I ask that you point out where i am Wrong in this thread? First off, Read the Thread Title, and the Author of it. My responses are to THIS Thread here at Hand, Which is Ron L’s, His Rifle, his 80 Grains of BH209, His Test Media, His Results etc. I am NOT the one that Brought in Someone elses Test, and their Test Media to Ron’s Thread. My Responses are Geared at RON L’s Test Results here in HIS Thread, It can’t get anymore “plain n simple” than that.

ENCORE50A Should have Started HIS OWN Thread on the Same Bullet with the Results from another Rifle, Someone elses 80 Grains of BH209 Powder, Their Test Media Etc. INSTEAD of Muddying up RON L’s Thread with it

People I know have used these bullets on game. No good results from them at all. After seeing Ron’s tests, I see why. But if your not using a good bullet you wouldn’t understand why.

After seeing RON L’s Test Results, These Bullets going through a piece of Carpeted Plywood, Then on Through 6 Horizontal Gallon Jugs of Water, and Bouncing off a Phone Book, And didn’t Open/Expand after all of that? After seeing that, I Personally Could NOT Recommend these Bullets with a Good Conscience to Folks as a Big Game Hunting Bullet, The Test Results i seen here Go against what I personally believe in as a Good Hunting Bullet. But That doesn’t mean i am Trying Sabotage The Company/Guy that makes them. I am simply giving MY Opinion after seeing these Few Tests of Ron’s. My opinion doesn’t mean that folks Can’t use these Bullets, That decision is ultimately theirs. The same goes for Ron’s Tests, They are here to look at, Take them or Leave them for what they are, That Decision is yours as well.

Back