got my 25.06 today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sootbelcher

Reaction score
:D got the H&R 26.06 ultra today. darn it's nice. laminated wood stock . has a tasco pronghorn 3-9X40 scope on it not the greatest scope but will do for now. like to get to the range but not quite up to it yet . these 100* days take to much out of me. still haven't shot my two muzzle loaders yet ether. :cry: had a few set backs sense my surgery.

enjoy your new toy ...but we need to see some pics. of your new toy ..

here is the pic of my new pea shooter

DSCF2509.jpg

Nice looking gun, the 25-06 will do you good. The longest shot so far has been 312 yds. the buck was DEAD before he hit the ground. Dead in his tracks. Federal Premium, 117 gr. Nosler Partisions. :rendeer:

it came with the 6 rounds in the pic. there remington look like they might be soft points . metal jacket except the very tip. what they weigh no idea. was told by a few they seem to like 117 to 120 gr ammo . thanks for that info

We have 5 25-06 for deer and yots, my 30-06 has been put up for one of my grandsons. My 25-06 is a Savage Tactical, what a TACK driver it is.

my son has a h&r ultra rifle just like that and it LOVES 100 gr. bullets he has killed 5 deer with it all have died within 40 yds.

Back