Hey guys.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ycreek

Reaction score
My name is Tate. I'm from Tennessee and I've taken off the scope that came with the Omega package. The base and rings are still affixed to the barrel. I went to put my old trusty 50mm VXII on it and, you guessed it, the rings are to low. What kind of base is this? It kind of works like a weaver but not quite. Can anyone tell me where I can get new (higher) rings for that same base? As always, I've searched the web but I can't seem to find anything out. Terrible planning. Thanks for any advice.

If this is a Weaver base, which I am guessing it is... just get some higher rings. Most rifles use low or medium rings. They make high rings. Its because of the bell size. You're going to have to get up high for a 50mm bell. Check Dura Sight Rings, or Warne Rings. They might have the size you need. Welcome to the forum by the way.

First off welcome to the site.

Get yourself a set of high Leupold QD rings. It allows you to remove the scope at the end of the day so you can clean your muzzleloader. I have been running these on my Omega since '07 and have had the scopes off countless times and they always return to the same POA when I put them back on. When I had my 3-9 on it I would even remove the scope walking through thick brush and just used open sights incase I would jump something, then once I got up in my stand I would simply put the scope back on. Never a worry about it being off.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-qui ... rings.html

WELCOME ABOARD Tate :!: Glad you joined the group. :applause:

Ray.......... :yeah:

Thanks for the advice and warm welcomes y'all. I have NO IDEA what kind of base TC sent with this rifle. Today I went to the local gun shop. I bought a new Weaver "style" base and a set of Weaver "style" medium rings. The base was actually tapped for a different rifle but the bottom was in a V shape (2 points of contact). I got it in the shop, tapped and countersunk the holes and mounted it loosely to the rifle. Did a beautiful job! I was really proud of myself. Pulled the rings out and the "bevel channel" was completely different than the base. Long story short.... Spent $100.00 on a new Warn Base and Warn high rings (mediums would've worked-they were out). It's mounted, looks great, but now I need a comb pad. Thanks again for y'all's help. I really appreciate it.

Back