How many going hunting this weekend/week?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
I know I am! :D

and...Alabamas muzzleloader season starts Monday the 13th! I'm going to miss that but at least I'll be in Texas! I hope Harry at least will go!

Who all is going the next week?

I hope to be hunting this weekend. But not for Deer. Small game hunting for me. 8) No Deer hunting until 11/28/05 for me. :( :) Good luck in Texas. :)

Well you KNOW I'm going deer hunting this weekend. :lol:

I'll be out :D Going tomorrow morning as a matter of fact to fill tag #5. If I don't connect :? :lol: , I'll be back out on Saturday :p

Missouri rifle deer season opens on Sat., Nov. 12th. We'll be goin', but all 4 of us will be carrying frontstuffers. Then the "Muzzleloader only" season opens on Nov. 25th thru Dec. 4th.. Of course, rain is forecast for this Sat., but what would Missouri deer season be without RAIN :cry: . This will be a good trial for the Knight DEs water proof disc system :wink: . Good luck to all the deer hunters.

Kodiak said:
Missouri rifle deer season opens on Sat., Nov. 12th. We'll be goin', but all 4 of us will be carrying frontstuffers. Then the "Muzzleloader only" season opens on Nov. 25th thru Dec. 4th.. Of course, rain is forecast for this Sat., but what would Missouri deer season be without RAIN :cry: . This will be a good trial for the Knight DEs water proof disc system :wink: . Good luck to all the deer hunters.

Arkansas gun deer season also starts Sat the 12th. I'll be thar with bells on, well maybe not bells but I'll be there. :D

I'm taking two lovely ladies out Friday and Saturday. They've got buck and doe whitetail tags and a mule deer doe tag. I've got my hand in a cast so I'll be shooting the video camera and nothing more. I couldn't have picked a worse time to break my hand. Oh well, the pins come out and I get the cast off on the 17th. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot then.

Friday is Rememberance day up here in Canada, the day we remember our veterans of wars past and those overseas right now. I know we'll observe two minutes silence at 11:00am.

The Missouri general firearms whitetail "fiasco" opens on Saturday the 12th. It gets crazier every year around here. That's why I enjoy the late ML season more all the time, it's much more peaceful during it!

Judging from all the folks going out this weekend there should be a lot of success stories post here. Looking forward to hearing them :D

RAF said:
Judging from all the folks going out this weekend there should be a lot of success stories post here. Looking forward to hearing them :D

Me TOO! Good luck everyone!

It's an Encore kind of morning! The coffee is brewing and there is a light dustingof snow on the ground.

Encore 1, deer 0 so far. Early season (West of Blue Ridge) muzzleloading season starts tomorrow, but I am working. Will go on monday and off the rest of Nov. :wink:

A mule deer doe fell this morning to the .30-06 Encore. Saw several whitetails just before dark so we'll be there tomorrow morning.

vdoesmall1.jpg

This 30-06 barrel shoots .5" groups with Federal Premium ammo with 165-grain Trophy Bonded Bearclaw bullets. I've got a .300, 25-06 and 22-250 that are all sub one-inch shooters.

This is Vanessa's first year hunting and in three days of actual hunting, she's killed two caribou, a mule deer and a whitetail and she passed on a whitetail buck this morning even though she still had a tag in her pocket. And to make it all even sweeter, her husband is an anti hunter...lol. I love forwarding him these pics...lol. At least we have him started down the right road......he'll happily eat the meat anyhow! I still can't wait for April when she gets her caribou back from the taxidermist.

We saw loads of deer this weekend. Kim passed on a few and I'm still nursing a broken hand so I just get to watch. Cool thing was, I got to supervise Kim and Vanessa butchering the two does this afternoon. For some reason they kept sending me for coffee.

Leaving next Sunday for opening of PA Bear Season... 11/21. Back for T- Giving then off for a week of Deer Huntin. Life is good! :lol:

Yes I am planning to get away at least a day or two this week. Between the unusually warm weather here and my work schedule/load it may be the end of the week instead of the beginning before I get to the club. Thunderstorms forcast for next few days. A cool front should move through here on Wednesday so cooler should be better. 10MLII sighed in perfectly with the last group about .71 @100 and I can't wait!

I heard Big6 bagged a big 8 point on Sunday. He's still hunting though and looking for Mr Magella.

Good luck everyone.

Back