Huntsman breech plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries on the PR plug, cecil can pound salt if you ask me, lost me as a customer after that said fiasco.

I do have the newer metrics plug and all this chatter may just have me using it this hunting season. My go to bullet has been the 350gr FPB with T7. I'd have to look at my data notes but I think its 80grains .
Good luck my friend this hunting season

Yeah, 80 Grains Volume and a 350 FPB out of the Huntsmans and Sidekicks are hard to beat. 90, 100, and 110 aren't too shabby either!
004-3.jpg

013-5.jpg

003-1 (2).jpg

Here are some more loads with velocities. I started writing down the wrong string, because I also shot a 460 NE group just before but caught it after writing down the next group. Corrected velocities posted.
016 (2).jpg

017 (1).jpg

018 (2).jpg

015 (1).jpg

This is another breech plug conversion I did with the OEM Breech Plug and the Knight original DISC #11 nipples for the orange primer carriers. Not for Blackhorn 209, but Black Powder and other BP Subs.
003-1.jpg

Sorry for the pic overload. Now that I got my old pics out of Scum Bucket JAIL, they bring back some old memories from 10+ years ago.

If anyone could or would be willing to help out with a 7/8. It would be so much appreciated. Season starts September 25th. My 15 year olds first muzzle loader hunt. 435-315-8459

Question. What yardage is the range of these guns. 100 150. Would 200 yards be pushing it

I have an unused 7/8 Metrics Unlimited I ordered last fall, I need a 5/8. I ordered the wrong one due to losing the tool and not being able to verify, once I make a wrench I realized I ordered the wrong one. So if the OP can use that one, or if somebody wants to trade.
Call anytime

Busta is there a reason why shot number 3 is the fastest consistently , I would have thought the opposite with shot 1 being the fastest with a clean bore . With practice a 200 yard shot can be achieved. I myself dont like shooting that far but that's just me .

Sorry I just saw this, Have them send me a 5/8 and I can send you mine 850-814-4053, still have my Florida cell from my active duty days, we are in nebraska now.

When I got this 7/8 she was like I think we one left, I may have gotten the last one last winter, it is brand new obviously I can't even install it. We gotta get this done, so we can both hunt, our muzzle loader season is the whole month of Dec, I will be using either my AR15 in 6.5 Grendel, or the AR10 in 6.5 Creed for rifle. I'll text you my addy so you can get MU to send me a 5/8, and I can get this 7/8 to you asap.

I got a hold of him, we will get the deal done somehow, he is walking up a mountain right now, hunting...lol

Busta is there a reason why shot number 3 is the fastest consistently , I would have thought the opposite with shot 1 being the fastest with a clean bore . With practice a 200 yard shot can be achieved. I myself dont like shooting that far but that's just me .

That's just the way I wrote them down. I didn't put them on there until I was back at the house, and pulled them up for review. That is not the order of the shots, and I was shooting 460 NE right before those. Sorry for the confusion.

I have an unused 7/8 Metrics Unlimited I ordered last fall, I need a 5/8. I ordered the wrong one due to losing the tool and not being able to verify, once I make a wrench I realized I ordered the wrong one. So if the OP can use that one, or if somebody wants to trade.
Hemi, I'd be happy to send you my surplus "1st Gen" Metrics 5/8" plug - the one I offered Clem. Danged if I can figure out how to post pics here but it looks just like the first one Busta posted above. I don't want anything in return, I just need to clear out my parts crib a bit.

Hemi, I'd be happy to send you my surplus "1st Gen" Metrics 5/8" plug - the one I offered Clem. Danged if I can figure out how to post pics here but it looks just like the first one Busta posted above. I don't want anything in return, I just need to clear out my parts crib a bit.
Hemi, let's see if this works. I have a 1/2" socket I ground flat to grab this plug better & I'll throw that in with it.20190920_134231042_iOS.jpg 20190920_134245097_iOS.jpg 20190920_134313158_iOS.jpg 20190920_134328246_iOS.jpg

Busta no worries.
Thanks for the knowledge and photo display as always .
I only wish they still made them
Steve

Click on the user name you want to pm. You'll see a "start a conversation" prompt in the box that opens. Click on it and chat away.

I just bought a Winchester x-150 muzzle loader 50 cal from a gentleman for 50 bucks. It came with two barrels. He said he couldn’t get the breech plug out. That’s why it was so cheep. I got it out. Kind of destroyed it. But the other barrel had one that was never shot thru. So I swapped it out. Major score

Latest posts

Back