I'm unhappy with T/C

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No clue what is up with everyone. I simply state that i have seen more than one report with tcs cracking and a few start crying.

Dont tell someone they did something wrong or call them a liar, this is a serious issue that can happen with any production firearm out there.

Now to get back to the main topic, I would like to see some pictures my self of this rifle. I doubt TC would say it was your fault and then not give you a new rifle or some kind of answer. At best, Im betting they'd send in a refurbished rifle as replacement.

Good golly the "tempers" flare when hunting season isnt in full rut.

Im sure i'll hear more of it when i start posting on sighting in my muzzle loader with my favorite bullet.

I was doing a search on this subject to see if I can find anything. not down the same lines as described by the person that started this thread

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/marylandwhitetail/vpost?id=2922832&trail=15#11

btw, I had an great exp. with tc CS.

sent my new englander back for some work. not even 2 weeks later I got it back. new tang, hammer and I swear a new sear. replaced rear sight screws all for free.
if they did that for a gun on it's 2nd or 3rd owner that why would the snoob you?

Oviously a barrel obstruction.

If a barrel splits, it is generaly due to a barrel obstruction whether a 243 or a .50 ML.

Due to the cost of litigation today all guns are manufactured to higher pressure standards to safe guard the health of some of the "Yahoo's shooting them with-out any knowledge of what they are doing.

Chocdog

1Shot,
I just had a thought. Is it just possible, just possible, that you forgot to remove the ramrod from the barrel before firing the gun? The weight of the rod, when added to the weight of the bullet could constitute an overload situation.
No accusation, just a thought. However, I would really like to see this thread get back on topic.

Thanks for the link, corey012778.

Batchief, I strongly diasgree with eamiling T/C.

I have sent them 3 emails and have not received any response. Infact, none have even been opened, and all were sent to the address on the T/C website.

I would call the company and speak with someone instead.

TURBO said:
Thanks for the link, corey012778.

Batchief, I strongly diasgree with eamiling T/C.

I have sent them 3 emails and have not received any response. Infact, none have even been opened, and all were sent to the address on the T/C website.

I would call the company and speak with someone instead.

Turbo,

T/C needs 10 employees just to answer the hundreds of emails they get per day. The emails are over whelming for all manufacturers.

Chocdog

I am also surprised that TC did not take immediate care of your problem. Early this year I bought a new TC Triumph, the all camo one. Love the gun, but wow, it had such a tight barrel I could hardly get a sabot down it, including the TC 250 gr Shockwave with their EZ-Glide sabot. I even tried some different sabot combinations from MMP, including the 2-Petal EZ. I mean it took both hands and just about all my 215 pounds to get it down the barrel (and yes, I swabbed after every shot). I had an email conversation with a tech at Barnes Bullets who happened to also be a muzzleloader guy. He said it should not take more than around 30 pounds of pressure to push a sabot down the barrel. Heck, that's a pretty easy one-handed thing to do for me. I emailed TC's customer service department and did not get a reply, so after giving them a couple of weeks, I emailed them again, nicely explaining the problem and mentioning that if I did not hear back from them promptly I would assume they were not getting my emails and I would send a regular US Mail letter directly to Greg Ritz, their CEO. I received a very apologetic and helpful email back the next day, telling me the problem would be taken care of under warranty and to please send the Triumph to them. I shipped it back with a letter explaining the problem again and suggesting that perhaps one fix would be to just lap the barrel a little. A few weeks later the rifle was returned with a brief note saying they had lapped the barrel, test fired it and it loaded normally. I immediately tried pushing several sabot/bullet combinations and it does load much easier now.

Bill

choc-dog said:
Turbo,

T/C needs 10 employees just to answer the hundreds of emails they get per day. The emails are over whelming for all manufacturers.

Chocdog

And a month later they should have been able to respond if they have 10 employees answering their emails, but they haven't.

Point is if you want speedy service, it's always best to talk to a person.

I have been afraid this kind of crap was going to start ever since that SW co bought TC out, it is just like them. Lee

Must have worked.

Admittedly, I don't understand FG's obsession with Punybelts and CVA products... but your obvious bias is no less confusing.

And I want no explanation quoting some self-appointed guru, if fact I want no explanation at all.

ya never no. :D
monkeygirl.gif

Do you (as in YOU) have ANY first hand knowledge of these incidents. Sure there have been some injuries - and sure there were products out there that should not have been, but do YOU know personally and directly of any such failures? Other brands have failed similarly resulting in death and injury, including American-made products.

IF you have NO personal knowledge of such events (and I seriously doubt you do) - you are rumor mongering and trolling.

[quote="Swampman"

Googe Dangerous Muzzleloaders

.[/quote]

Ya and you will come up with Randy ( i hate anything but us made muzzleloaders ) Wakeman . He demanded answers from a couple companies and when they did not jump for him, He has been and a rampage ever since . He's no body and i would have done the same thing .

:roll: :roll: :evil:

Tweesdad said:
1Shot,
I just had a thought. Is it just possible, just possible, that you forgot to remove the ramrod from the barrel before firing the gun? The weight of the rod, when added to the weight of the bullet could constitute an overload situation.
No accusation, just a thought. However, I would really like to see this thread get back on topic.

+1

I have friend who did that ( shot his ramrod ) and he said it almost knocked him on his butt.
He re-loaded to take a shot at a buck that he missed and the buck just stood there, until he shot the bullet and ramrod at him . Not sure how anyone could do that ?? But he did !!
:shock: :oops: :oops:

Latest posts

Back