I'm unhappy with T/C

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ask sabotloader or even cayugad what i've been shooting since the first day i ever found the other hunting forum.

Hasnt changed much, only i had a tc renegade shooting powerbelts then sold it for my first flintlock. That flinter is the only muzzleloader i've held on to the longest.

Once i started helping people out with powerbelt info and then started my forum for powerbelt shooters, thats when i noticed attitudes starting to change towards me.

The first powerbelt i fired into a sand trap was when my Winchester Apex (Now Coreys) came in and i was curious to see if that coffee can packed with sand would work. Took 2 coffee cans but by golly, i caught that 275gr PB!

Something is up with this post? :? CVA's shoot ok for a low-end gun. I have a friend that just got into muzzeloading,and he got a CVA WOLF. I helped him set it up and sight it in. It shot well with 2 pyrodex pellets,and power belt aero tip bullets. Would I trade my pro hunter for it? NO WAY but it is what it is,and I'm sure he will kill deer just as dead as I will with my gun. UC the next time I need legal help,I'm calli'n you! :D I don't know any of those BIG words,or even what they mean! :lol: Ron

I've shot them,and my wife shot a big buck high in the sholder with one (a hollow point) when they first came out. The deer (at 35yds.) got back up and ran off. We never found any blood,or the deer. Haven't shot one since,but that's what my friend got for his gun,so I guess he will see. I did shoot a doe 2 years ago with a NE 460 out of my White. It went through BOTH sholders,and the deer dropped right there! :D Ron

Yup and thats my specialty, Teaching the Powerbelt users how to correctly shoot them and to leave thier heavy loads at home.

Pure lead has its limits. Even the 385gr great plains could only make it through one shoulder of a mule deer at 20 yards.

I hate changing my recipe that always ends with success.

I guess that works out well in CVAs. Since you can't shoot heavy charges, you make a bullet that can't handle heavy charges. Too many bad Powerbelt reports for me to be comfortable using them. Maybe they would be good for varmints though.

shot 90 grains in my renegade.

Only rifle i ever shot mag loads in was my X-150 i had for a few years. It mainly saw great plains bullets.

Ron, try an Accura ... but don't come to me for legal help unless you are looking to get a mistrial. :wink:

No Thanks UC! :D I'll stick with the pro hunter,and the G series White Tail 504. Ron

Could I say that again? This server causes me to make double posts for some strange reason. Really.

I didn't suggest you get rid of either of those fine guns, just try an Accura. :D

Underclocked said:
Could I say that again? This server causes me to make double posts for some strange reason. Really.
:D

At least it WORKS! :wink:

Latest posts

Back