I'm unhappy with T/C

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Shot

Reaction score
Back in December I bought my first inline a T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER and 3 weeks ago I was out shooting it and my barrel cracked about 5 inches from the end of the breach plug so I called T/C and told the lady that ancered the phone what happened as nice as I could then I was given to some guy he give me a RA number and I sent it back I got it bach today with a letter basicly saying it was my fault and that I was loading it to hot :evil: So need les to say it was my first and last T/C product I will be going to day to a knight dealer when he gets home from his full time job and ordering me a Knight Extreme with a thumbhole stock

I was shooting 95 grains of ff 777 and 300 grain Dead Center Sabots and I cleaned it after every shot

Wha???????

I have been shooting T/C products for more years than some of the folks on this forum have been alive. On a few occasions, I have had to send something back to them for repair. On at least one of those occasions, I enclosed a letter telling them that I was at fault, and to charge me for whatever the costs would be.
Never, I repeat, Never have I had anything returned to me in an unrepaired condition. What's more, I have never been charged for any of the repairs.
Now, if that barrel let go with a T/C rated safe load, send it back again marked to the attention of Rodney in the repair dept. and explain the situation to him. Or call T/C and ask for him in service.
Based upon my experiences with T/C, they will bend over backwards to make it right. However, be totally honest with them. If you try to blow smoke up their butts, they will realize it, and probably do nothing for you.
T/C's customer service is simply the best in the industry, and you should not be having a problem if you didn't mess up somewhere along the line

That aint right.
That is supposed to be their Flagship gun seems they would do you better than that.

I'm sorry, but I will have to call BS on this one given the explaination you just gave... :roll:

1Shot said:
I was shooting 95 grains of ff 777 and 300 grain Dead Center Sabots and I cleaned it after every shot

I ran into a fella at Walmart a couple years ago who asked if I knew about muzzleloading. Seems he was not swabbing between shots and not being able to seat the bullet all the way. He had fired his Encore with 150 gr LOOSE 777 AND A GAP OVER AN INCH BETWEEN POWDER AND BULLET. He said it gave a hell of a kick...But it did not blow up. I gave him some instruction and refered him to the owners manual. Hard for me to believe your barrel cracked with 95 gr of powder. Sounds more like barrel obstruction to me.

Charlie

I noticed this post of yours:
1Shot

Replies: 12
Views: 465
Forum: New to Muzzleloading Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:58 pm Subject: Recoil on a TC encore pro hunter
I have a T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER it bights a little when shooting 150 grains but I found that 100 grains of triple 7 ffg and a 300 grain Shock Wave shoots best out of mine.

If you were shooting 150 grains of loose 777 that might very well be too hot of of a load. Sometimes with metal the failure doesn't show up right away.
Although I am a knight man I must say that TC's customer service is second to none in my experience with them.
Art

Could always happen. Ive seen a good deal of reports on encores cracking with factory load .243's.

95gr T7 and a 300gr sabot isnt a hot load.

I read somewhere that 3 pelletts = 150 grains but 150 of loose powder is hotter,is this true?

I would think that these barrels would be rated for failure far above what would be considered a magnum load.

Must be some other factors at work here.
Not placing blame anywhere it just doesn't make sense to me that it would fail with ANY hunting load even one way above normal.

Am I off base here?

It seems strange that the rifle blew as you described, but I will not doubt your claim. Also if T/C examined the rifle and then refused service that is a first that I have ever heard of from that company.

I shoot a Black Diamond XR and it will shoot 150 grains of loose Pyrodex RS and a 250 grain Shockwave with no problems. So I really do not understand what would have caused your barrel to blow.

Was it by chance double loaded, or misloaded, or the bullet not seated, only you know. But it would be interesting to hear what T/C feels is the reason it was your fault. In that the rifle was loaded too hot. A very interesting post.

I am not saying that what you claim is not the truth , BUT TC is a fabulous company as far as there Customer service . I sent in a Hawkins that was broke ans put a letter in there that explained that it was my falt and that I would pay for any cost on the repairs 6 weeks later I recived the gun back with no charge and fixed with all new parts .

Ron

I read somewhere that 3 pelletts = 150 grains but 150 of loose powder is hotter,is this true?

I would think that these barrels would be rated for failure far above what would be considered a magnum load.

ABSOLUTELY true!

Latest posts

Back