LBT bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianaHunter

Reaction score
I know there are varied opinions on the performance values between pure lead and jacketed lead bullets. Taking all the emotion aside can I get information on what are workable velocities for LBT hard cast bullets? I see they have a hardness rating and wondered how this relates to fps.

The GREAT thing about the flat-nosed hard-cast bullets is you really don't NEED a lot of velocity. Personally...I'd shoot for best accuracy with any velocity over 1400fps..that should be all you'd NEED..Probably 1800-2100fps should be attainable and probably accurate depending on the weight of the bullet.. I'm eagar to hear about those!

i talked to cast performance thursday their bullets are 22BHN he told me as fast as i wanted he claimed that a hand gun hunter shot a rino with a 335 grain and got 54 inches of penetration :shock: so i ordered some without gas checks or sized or lube to try in .452 and .459 so i will test when i get them and post here!

I've shot DCs to 2300'/sec with gentle loads. I haven't tried any faster.

Latest posts

Back