Mountaineer .45 1:20 twist barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a shame you cant get them anymore and the EGW is extruded 6061. 2024 T4 is stronger than 6061. EGW does not offer a Knight base in a 7075 HD version or i would have bought one. The Murphy is SS and $125. Loopie makes some nice BackCountry rail bases at a good price but not for Knights. The Farrell rail is CM steel and as far as i know its not true picatinny. My rings wont fit on it. I asked in my email response to the Farrell pic they sent and never got a reply about if it milspec dimensions or not. All the info i can find about their bases is they are not picatinny spacing.

Basically done now. Just need check ring torque and fit the other plug for the FPJ bolt. I could just shim one i got but i think im gunna get another Lehigh plug instead. I will set up the other plug for the RemSTS primers and the FPJ adapter. Still getting used to my new Canon cam but the pics look pretty good.

Lehigh picatinny rail (bedded w/JB Weld)
Contessa light weight 1" picatinny rings (lows)...REALLY nice double cross bar rings too.
Extreme TH stock (bedded and fork slightly shimmed)
Elite bolt internals in the Knight bare primer bolt body
Lehigh bare primer plug
Older Knight competition grade trigger. NOT a Timney but its a great trigger.
Vortex DB HP 3x12x42
wOqVLxM.jpg

cNSz9o5.jpg

EVKtzjK.jpg

rfKIql3.jpg
That is VERY SEXY !!!!! Nice job GM54--120 !!!! Its all black tie affair Handsome !!!!! I hope you post range reports . Bet it SHOOTS !!!!!!!

I seem to remember someone saying that the DE bolt will work if you use a DE breach plug too?
I know this is a little old but I use a DE bolt in one of my Mountaineers and it works well. I use a Mountaineer breech plug though. I talked to a previous employee of Knight. The bolts are basically the same it’s the breech plug that’s different. The DE breech is a little shorter than the Mountaineers breech.

Thanks, that was cleared up several pages back. My Elite bolt however is super tight in the Mountaineer with a Mountaineer plug. My 54-120 is even tighter. Neither will close with the NFPJ adapter in the bolt. Both will crush a Win209 too much without the adapter in the bolt.

Thanks, that was cleared up several pages back. My Elite bolt however is super tight in the Mountaineer with a Mountaineer plug. My 54-120 is even tighter. Neither will close with the NFPJ adapter in the bolt. Both will crush a Win209 too much without the adapter in the bolt.
Ah, i’ve only been using it on #11’s and bare primers. To much of a cheapskate to use plastic jackets.

Back