Muzzleloader Accuracy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning Y'all i have to fess up here. I had both eyes with the cataract surgery last Summer. I am having to go back for scar tissue removal. I had my right eye done about 10 days back. Will have my left eye done in about 2 weeks. You can't hit what you can't see. I have a 3x9 scope on my Blk. Diamond n got it on target at 100 yds shooting 2.5" group. One group thats all the load n bullet combo i had time for at the range. I snot clobbered a big Doe in Dec. with it. Shot 75 gr Trip 2 F with a 230 gr .451 XTP in a blk. sabot. So it was certainly modeer, hit her at est. 30 yds, messed up the off shoulder n blood shot her so bad on the shoulders, more than i have ever seen on a deer i have killed with any weapon.

Here in Mississippi we are allowed 3 bucks and 5 does state wide per season. There are some antler restrictions but they aren't too

My 3 Bucks in a season with guns. What State allows 3 Bucks ? Ky. where i live is 1 Buck period.
In Alabama we can get 3 bucks per season with at least 1 requiring at least 4 points on one side. And in my zone I can shoot 1 doe per day all season.

How accurate is your muzzleloader?

Fill in the blanks:

If I do my part, my ___(make/model)___ shooting ___(load)___, is a ______ moa rifle, all day long.
My CVA Accura V2 Plains Rifle using a Arrowhead LRMP breech plug with CCI 250 primers, with a Burris E1 4.5x14-42 scope with the long range reticle, and a 290gr Hornady Bore Driver FTX over 80 grains (weighed) of BH 209 off a machine rest and a rear sandbag will shoot 1 hole 3 shot groups at 100 yards and a touch over 1" at 200 if I do my part. I just wish I could get my Paramount to shoot like that but that's another story entirely. Great thread!

Morning Y'all i have to fess up here. I had both eyes with the cataract surgery last Summer. I am having to go back for scar tissue removal. I had my right eye done about 10 days back. Will have my left eye done in about 2 weeks. You can't hit what you can't see. I have a 3x9 scope on my Blk. Diamond n got it on target at 100 yds shooting 2.5" group. One group thats all the load n bullet combo i had time for at the range. I snot clobbered a big Doe in Dec. with it. Shot 75 gr Trip 2 F with a 230 gr .451 XTP in a blk. sabot. So it was certainly modeer, hit her at est. 30 yds, messed up the off shoulder n blood shot her so bad on the shoulders, more than i have ever seen on a deer i have killed with any weapon.
I’ve been around the block twice now and I have never seen a “snot clobbering“…curious if that’s something that happens to the shooter or the target…

Pretty graphic…. I’d watch a slo-mo video of a snot slinging from a snot clobbering…our boring deer just die when shot
Geez i am sorry i don't have any videos of that. All the tick toters got together to Ban them because they said it was gross. I might could find one that that made a horrible bleat when it was shot with a crossbow. It would not load, so i did something wrong

Last edited:
Geez i am sorry i don't have any videos of that. All the tick toters got together to Ban them because they said it was gross. I might could find one that that made a horrible bleat when it was shot with a crossbow.
http://youtube/Z_95zLzWcM
I’m funnin ya…snot clobbered…something Mark Twain would say.

If I do my part, my Omega shooting 348 gr GPB with 90gr T7, is a 2 MOA rifle, all day long.

My standards aren’t very high. :oops:
In your hunting/shooting life what can’t you do with your 2moa rifle and load that a 1 moa is gonna make possible?
Probably not a thing…your standards coincide with reality.

My CVA Accura V2 Plains Rifle using a Arrowhead LRMP breech plug with CCI 250 primers, with a Burris E1 4.5x14-42 scope with the long range reticle, and a 290gr Hornady Bore Driver FTX over 80 grains (weighed) of BH 209 off a machine rest and a rear sandbag will shoot 1 hole 3 shot groups at 100 yards and a touch over 1" at 200 if I do my part. I just wish I could get my Paramount to shoot like that but that's another story entirely. Great thread!
im THIS close to buying an Accura LR-X for Colorado Elk. i can't find anywhere that has drop info for the Accura,?, but your post has me intrigued..... did you have to hold over for your 200 yard group. thats my main concern when trying to decide between the Accura vs. Paramount Pro. with a good load, how much drop will the accura have from say 150-250. i'd like to zero at 150. any help you would have would be great since you shoot the Accura.

im THIS close to buying an Accura LR-X for Colorado Elk. i can't find anywhere that has drop info for the Accura,
There’s no appreciable trajectory difference in that particular rifle and all the other 26-30” barreled .50 1:28 twist inlines.

Sounds like what you’re interested in is a load and it’s specific trajectory.

Excepting my flintlock Pennsylvania Hunters, all my muzzleloaders are aperture sighted.
My Firehawk is, consistently, an inch to inch and three quarters rifle with a variety of loads including full caliber conicals. Her smallest 3 rounder at 100 yards, 3 consecutive shots, was a stunning 5/16ths inch. Last 3 shot fired that day too! That rifle is a marvel...
My percussion Hawken and flint/ percussion Renegades are solid 2 inch rifles. All have gone inch or less. But not as often or consistently as the Firehawk.
Inch or less is nice in a big game rifle. Confidence inspiring too! But is it necessary?
Consistency in group size and point of impact, to me, is equally important.

:D
Its Friday Dancing GIF by Vivid People Disco
Cat Wind GIF by marko

I’ve been around the block twice now and I have never seen a “snot clobbering“…curious if that’s something that happens to the shooter or the target…

Snot clobbered.
Snot clobbered. :D I was snot clobbered a lot when I was a younger man. Always when coming out of a bar.

Latest posts

Back