Muzzleloader hunting videos

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

Reaction score
I enjoy watching the odd hunting video in my spare time and these days pretty much just flintlock or percussion ones.

Anyone know of good ones out there? I'm not a big fan of Randy Newberg but do enjoy these videos

I do really like Cap and Ball content. The European respect for game is something I've always admired especially being an Australian with the lack of it here.

I haven’t watched Regular TV in over 10 Years now, Just YouTube Clips. The last i remember was Ole Jim Shockey, I enjoyed most of his Stuff, and his Daughter‘s :p

I haven’t watched Regular TV in over 10 Years now, Just YouTube Clips. The last i remember was Ole Jim Shockey, I enjoyed most of his Stuff, and his Daughter‘s :p

He still has a show and it is pretty entertaining to watch. He goes all over the world.

He still has a show and it is pretty entertaining to watch. He goes all over the world.

Hal, Did you ever see the Program of Jim’s Dad & Father in Law? I can’t remember what it was Called? But it was dedicated to them 2 Old Fellas, Most of it was FUNNIER Than all get out, at least it was to me! 😂

Yah them 2 old fats knew how to have fun one upping each other Gained some respect for shockey.when he hunted out of a blind sub zero temps. 19 days wrapped up in a sleeping bag waiting a certain buck to come in.think he got him on last day of hunt.

Yeah, nothing wrong with Eva.

Hal, Did you ever see the Program of Jim’s Dad & Father in Law? I can’t remember what it was Called? But it was dedicated to them 2 Old Fellas, Most of it was FUNNIER Than all get out, at least it was to me! 😂

I did not...I'll keep a watch out for it if it ever re-runs.

The 2 old guys cutting back and forth on each other was funnier than all get out. I remember one episode where the 2 of them were walking down a logging road with their canes as they were bear hunting.

I know exactly what episode your talking about. I laughed the whole time watching that episode. Those two guys just pestered each other the whole time

Steve Rinella (Meateater) just did a PA flintlock hunt. I listened to them talk about it on there podcast. Should be on the next season. I'm a big fan of Steve's work. He hunts mostly on public land, never hunts high fence, and always incorporates cooking into the show (which is the biggest reason I hunt...to eat meat I hunted myself)

The 2 old guys cutting back and forth on each other was funnier than all get out. I remember one episode where the 2 of them were walking down a logging road with their canes as they were bear hunting.
You guys would be talking about this Jim Shockey DVD.
IMG_20210219_095606.jpg
I watched it once, and have no more need for it. I'm willing to mail it for free to the first person who PM's me, ON THE CONDITION that, once you have enjoyed it, you pass it on to someone else!
I love watching hunting videos! Many thanks for the aforementioned recommendations. One of these cold winter nights, I'll put my feet up and watch them.

Steve Rinella (Meateater) just did a PA flintlock hunt. I listened to them talk about it on there podcast. Should be on the next season. I'm a big fan of Steve's work. He hunts mostly on public land, never hunts high fence, and always incorporates cooking into the show (which is the biggest reason I hunt...to eat meat I hunted myself)

I liked him until I listened to his podcast, sometimes he had good guests i liked listening to when you could get him to shut up but i really find him insufferable now.

I do like that they promote food though.

Here is my all time favorite hunting video. It's a bit dated now, but still very motivational; I just watched it last week.
IMG_20210219_095826.jpg
I used to sit my four children down to watch this, along with plenty of popcorn and ice cream, hoping that they would catch the desire to hunt. It must have worked pretty well, since three of them became hunters, although all four are now adults and AVID outdoor types. Roger Raglin is a bit of a blowhard and showman, so you have to tolerate that. One of the kids aptly nicknamed him "The Humblest Man in the World"!
Get a hold of it if you can.

Back