New build question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSR

Reaction score
Would it be better to base a new build off a Rem 700ml action or M700 ?
Would the M700 need to be a short action?

I have an opportunity to buy a new 700ml quite reasonably and have other M700 actions available.

The build trend is moving away from the 700ML action. As far as i know you dont have to use a SA. A LA should work ok also it just adds unneeded length/weight.

Using a ML action you are stuck using a 209 system or a LRMP with a longer flame path. Virtually losing most of the advantages of a LRMP. A lugged CF action can handle more peak pressure at the module and the shorter flame path offers better ignition.

I agree with GM54.... I've had a few of both actions...the best thing going is the LRMP ignition system...with the M700...either long or short will work...If you're going to use a later model RR series action chances are that you'll have bolt timing issues. This will cause extraction problems with the LRMP modules...It's an easy fix to re-time the bolt handle or modify the ramp on the receiver. Remington has slipped in their quality over the years.

Back