New from Traditions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’ve been building the same rifles for years, I’m not sure what the big deal is? All they did was added a .45 barrel, which they used to offer.
I’d order one except I can’t get 195 grain Barnes MZ’s to shoot out of it.

Last edited:
They’ve been building the same rifles for years, I’m not sure what the big deal is? All they did was added a .45 barrel, which they used to offer.
I’d order one except I can’t get 195 grain Barnes MZ’s to shoot out of it.
I did just get an older used 45 Lightning Bolt at a show just to see how it compares to my other guns. It looks and feels like similar quality to CVAs so far. Haven't shot it yet. I have some Barnes 195s and PR 195s, might try some of each.

Hey guys, it’s been awhile and I just ordered the .45 traditions. Exactly what I’ve wanted..
If it works. Very long post if you’re bored, or curious.
I’ve been around the block with hunting muzzleloaders ,50. & .45 and tried a few and with the price >300 shipped couldn’t resist.
Here is reasoning and some styles I’ve tried.
.50 hunter bolt > prefer blackhorn (in progress) needs testing probably complete.
.50 traditions buckstalker >traded .17 HMR wanted .45
.45 paramount w/ arrowhead LRP conversion>
Beautiful, perfect, heavy, complicated, bulky
Suited for varmit 300yd + LR big game(western) , Bean Field, stand/platform hunting. unfired (except primers) and available.
.45 Accura. /.209 Wow.. almost perfect venison getter, a little heavy and long but bearable. Keeper. Unless the pursuit matches.
.50 optima pistol, nice shooter, maybe as effective as any of above, just not confident enough to depend on it & if I have a rifle too…
I’m shootings the rifle. Undecided probably available.
Now the long story, yea I was Obsessed with LR muzzleloaders, thunder boom @ 500 yds
Bought & honed several systems to try. I also bought a cva 45/70 to convert and never fulfilled.
The pursuit seems to exactly what the conversion would be, I’ll compare them when the pursuit arrives.
Cancer reared it’s head, lost my wife and most of my interest, seemed pointless.
Finally came to my senses and back to my roots of hunting & fishing. At 67 yes I have a few seasons left and hope to enjoy them including back to Muzzleloading.
I’ll try to do a mini review later when it’s in my hands.

Attachments

• F958D202-41B2-482B-A18B-ACC7EA83F1AE.jpeg
    F958D202-41B2-482B-A18B-ACC7EA83F1AE.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 2D75EE01-823B-4957-A430-94A94718C680.jpeg
    2D75EE01-823B-4957-A430-94A94718C680.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
So sorry for your loss, but I definitely understand how things like that in your life can totally change your focus and take the joy out of anything and everything.
I shoot very little now, and mine is due to my deteriorating health. It’s not that I can’t shoot. It’s just that I don’t have the interest. It used to be that I would burn up 20 cans of Blackhorn every year. Now one canna Blackhorn might last me 20 years lol it’s not really quite that bad yet.

I’m glad you got back into it and you’re finding pleasure and enjoyment. I’m sure that your wife would still want you to be happy

Please keep us posted on how things go with your new gun

Greg

Hey guys, it’s been awhile and I just ordered the .45 traditions. Exactly what I’ve wanted..
If it works. Very long post if you’re bored, or curious.
I’ve been around the block with hunting muzzleloaders ,50. & .45 and tried a few and with the price >300 shipped couldn’t resist.
Here is reasoning and some styles I’ve tried.
.50 hunter bolt > prefer blackhorn (in progress) needs testing probably complete.
.50 traditions buckstalker >traded .17 HMR wanted .45
.45 paramount w/ arrowhead LRP conversion>
Beautiful, perfect, heavy, complicated, bulky
Suited for varmit 300yd + LR big game(western) , Bean Field, stand/platform hunting. unfired (except primers) and available.
.45 Accura. /.209 Wow.. almost perfect venison getter, a little heavy and long but bearable. Keeper. Unless the pursuit matches.
.50 optima pistol, nice shooter, maybe as effective as any of above, just not confident enough to depend on it & if I have a rifle too…
I’m shootings the rifle. Undecided probably available.
Now the long story, yea I was Obsessed with LR muzzleloaders, thunder boom @ 500 yds
Bought & honed several systems to try. I also bought a cva 45/70 to convert and never fulfilled.
The pursuit seems to exactly what the conversion would be, I’ll compare them when the pursuit arrives.
Cancer reared it’s head, lost my wife and most of my interest, seemed pointless.
Finally came to my senses and back to my roots of hunting & fishing. At 67 yes I have a few seasons left and hope to enjoy them including back to Muzzleloading.
I’ll try to do a mini review later when it’s in my hands.
Sorry to hear about your wife but I’m sure she is looking down on you and she is happy that you are getting back to your roots and enjoying the things you love. I’m interested in your upcoming review on your new pursuit muzzleloader and can’t wait for the details. Do you mind me asking where you bought it from ?

Sorry to hear about your wife but I’m sure she is looking down on you and she is happy that you are getting back to your roots and enjoying the things you love. I’m interested in your upcoming review on your new pursuit muzzleloader and can’t wait for the details. Do you mind me asking where you bought it from ?
Thanks, She’s soaring with the angels.
I use WikiArms and gun.deals, just input rifle upc or search. Supplies change daily, retailers and prices vary.
Still waiting for the delivery.
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/r74115040

I can’t give any props to the seller, shipped today.march 27th. ordered march 13th. But it has shipped. Havent seen any reviews on accuracy or build quality yet on the .45. Just weight and advice >100g (measured) of powderhas some recoil.
Claims of 200yds on the .50 UL.
This might be fun.

Sorry for your loss Doc! I lost my father-hunting buddy in February and it's going to be a tough season this year! I'm going to be out there because I know that's what he would want me to be doing! 2 weeks before shipping isn't very good! Keep us posted because I'm very interested in what that Rifle will do!

Latest posts

Back