NULA is here!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scienceguy

Reaction score
My NULA arrived today, and it is everything I expected. The oak leaf pattern I requested was perfect. I still can't believe it arrived in less than four months. My only complaint is the spaghetti ramrod Mel sent with the gun. I already had an aluminum rod with spin jag set up ready to go. I'll post some photos as soon as I can. A question for you NULA owners, is it OK to dry fire the gun? I forgot to ask Mel that. I'll call him tomorrow.

scienceguy said:
A question for you NULA owners, is it OK to dry fire the gun?

I wouldnt, just put a spent primer in it.

FYI- 42grns of 4759 and a 275grn parker will pretty much be all you need. I like the short black harvester sabot with that combination.

Congratulations Scienceguy! Look forward to seeing pictures and range results.

FYI- 42grns of 4759 and a 275grn parker will pretty much be all you need. I like the short black harvester sabot with that combination.

No DOUBT that's what I'd try with a CCI 209 primer. I know of three DIFFERENT NULA .50s that shoot that combo GREAT!

Mel called me on Fri afternoon and said that Fed-x had just picked up my gun and I should get it on Tues, well I was down in the basement Sat night and the wife call down and said that a Fed-x truck just pulled up, they droped it off at 7.20 pm. Mel did a great job, I would post pictures but can't figure how to do it, I can e-mail but not post? Went out Sunday and shot it at 100yds and have it close, the range was busy so I only have two groups on paper, hope to get out again this week if the rain holds off.

Batchief909 said:
Chuck's gonna sell me his..... 8)

Which one ? :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

Congrats on the gun... pls post some pics when you can!

I cant wait for your range report!

Scienceguy where are the pictures of that new gun? Look forward to seeing it.

Back