Omega base

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbuff

Reaction score
What's the omega s owners preferred base. I might have to scope my X7 as my eyes seem to fade at longer distances

I use TC Gorilla grip rings and extended base. Work great and return to zero if removing scope to do any work or major cleaning.
I have a DNZ extended eye relief mount that was used very little if you are interested in it. Only reason I decided against using it was because it is not return to zero.

Ron what do you use on your X7.I hate to put a scope on mine but I got burned early in the season on a wall hanger buck that with perhaps a scope would be above my fireplace right now.

Here, we are only allowed to use 1X optic during muzzle loader season; my X7 has a 1X scope on it. Me, i much prefer a magnified optic. If allowed, i would use something like a 1.5-5, or a 2-7. Most all my rifles have scopes with CDS dials, which i use to dial for long range shooting. Right now, about the best buy on a scope with a CDS is the 2-7 scope.

I use a standard weaver rail and rings. The X7 stock is a bit low for me on a scope setup. I would use the lowest rings available that would work with your 1 x scope or add a cheek pad to get proper neck and eye alignment to the scope.

Back