• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Omega X7

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And some x7 needed a taller front site to line up to the factory peep. I believe some came with green but needed to be changed to red .

Ok, please fill me in on the alure of the X7? What makes it so highly sought after, or owners not wanting to part with one? I have two Omega's, and I will never part with those.

Outdoornut, I will keep an eye out for ya!

And some x7 needed a taller front site to line up to the factory peep. I believe some came with green but needed to be changed to red .

Actually, it was the other way around. The original front sight used on the early production X7s was a shorter base that featured a red fiber optic insert. The replacement that was offered by T/C (free for the asking, I might add), to solve the issue of running out of elevation adjustment in the rear peep, had a green fiber optic pipe, on a taller base.

THIS is the "original" OEM front sight base that came on the early X7s...
1706013962383.jpeg

& THIS was T/C's answer to the problem...
1706014089129.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, please fill me in on the alure of the X7? What makes it so highly sought after, or owners not wanting to part with one?

Well, the Omega X7 balances like a dream, is lighter for ease of carry on an all-day still hunt, & maneuvers easily in a tree stand or pop-up blind due to its carbine length ... You gain a great deal of "handiness" over its full-length counterpart w/o having to give up any noticable performance for 99+% of the shots most will ever take with a muzzleloader anyway.

1706014763633.jpeg

X7 for the win!

Last edited:
Well, the Omega X7 balances like a dream, is lighter for ease of carry on an all-day still hunt, & manuvers easily in a tree stand or pop-up blind due to its carbine length ... You gain a great deal of "handiness" over its full-length counterpart w/o having to give up any noticable performance for 99+% of the shots most will ever take with a muzzleloader anyway.

View attachment 40935

X7 for the win!
Ok interesting! Thanks for the education on the X7.

Actually, it was the other way around. The original front sight used on the early production X7s was a shorter base that featured a red fiber optic insert. The replacement that was offered by T/C (free for the asking, I might add), to solve the issue of running out of elevation adjustment in the rear peep, had a green fiber optic pipe, on a taller base.

THIS is the "original" OEM front sight base that came on the early X7s...
View attachment 40933

& THIS was T/C's answer to the problem...
View attachment 40934
You may be right , I'll confirm with my notes tonight

So basicallly, I could take a regular Omega, cut the barrel down to 24", use my plastic stock thats lighter than the laminated one on the X7, have the barrel tappered down slightly, and add flutting to the rear of the barrel, and I'd have me and XX7 right? Which is way better because its one more X! 🤣

If its just a weight and length thing, thats not that hard to achieve with a regular Omega I would think?????

Last edited:
I can't find my paper work from 2011 but mine is a taller red front site

Attachments

• PXL_20240124_222312486.jpg
    PXL_20240124_222312486.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
I can't find my paper work from 2011 but mine is a taller red front site

That's NOT the taller front sight base that you've posted a picture of...

If you look closely, the front sight on your rifle has the red fiber optic pipe that is exposed to the ambient light via three (3) channels cut in the metal frame retaining the fiber optic pipe. The redesigned front sight base only had two (2) exposed sections of the fiber optic exposed to ambient light, with a much more robust metal frame to protect the fragile green fiber optic pipe.

1706148814876.png

If you put the two front sight bases side by side, you'll see that the redesigned (green) front sight base is much higher than the original design that's affixed to your X7.

I will try to get a measurement as TC sent me that as the replacement. It is most definitely taller then the site that came on it .I have no issues with elevation adjustments with the peep .

Latest posts

Back