Optics Customer Service

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
Seems I will be trying out a few manufacuters...

On my recent trip to Wyoming Delta broke BOTH of my scopes... :oops: :drinkers:

Compliments of DELTA:

DSC00876.jpg

So Far Sightron is God's gift to customer service..
A quick email to Alan Orr and here is his reply:

J.J.

Please return it to:

Sightron Inc.

100 Jeffrey Way

Suite A

Youngsville NC. 27596

We will send you a new one immediately. By the way did you get your antelope?

Alan

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 3:15 PM
To: Alan Orr
Subject: Broken Scope

Alan,

I have a broken SII 3x12x42 MD, the Reticle has broken completely from the scope on a recent Antelope hunt.

How may I go about getting this repaired?

Thank you so much,
JJ

Burris - SUCKS!

A call to customer service and I quickly found out that I know NOTHING about shooting a gun. Nothing is wrong with the scope, I'm just an incompetent shooter.. :wall:

After being totally insulted, I finally got approval to send it in..

I will keep you all posted as to what happens with both companies...

Burris - SUCKS!

A call to customer service and I quickly found out that I know NOTHING about shooting a gun. Nothing is wrong with the scope, I'm just and incompetent shooter..

After being totally insulted, I finally got approval to send it in

If NOTHING else...they should have told you:

1. Sorry you had trouble with your scope.

2. Send it in, we'll be HAPPY to have a look at it.

3. Will advise as soon as we look things over.

How hard was THAT?

Sightron DOES really seem to be customer service champs!

Doohan said:
Burris - SUCKS!

A call to customer service and I quickly found out that I know NOTHING about shooting a gun. Nothing is wrong with the scope, I'm just and incompetent shooter.. :wall:

Hmmmmmmmmm. I watched that Burris, and it bounced off your forehead just as quickly and precisely as I believe a scope possibly could. :shock:

LOL... yeah it did... I suppose you have the pic? :roll:

Oh no......was this before or after the hunt?

Yep, got to camp and unloaded my HB and the crosshairs were mangled in my Sightron.. I shot that gun less than a day before boarding the plane.

Here is a pic of the case and how they were packed... They MUST have dropped the case upside down.. and with great force:

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00877.jpg

Man, they were really dedicated to damage something packed so well! :shock: That sucks.

[/quote]

Hmmmmmmmmm. I watched that Burris, and it bounced off your forehead just as quickly and precisely as I believe a scope possibly could. :shock:[/quote]

You trying to turn this into a habit or what? Your gonna have a permanent knot above your eye. :think: :wall:

You trying to turn this into a habit or what? Your gonna have a permanent knot above your eye. :think: :wall:

He's a wild man; basically uncontrollable.

As he giggled with joy while blood dripped down his forehead, he generously (?) asked me if would like to shoot the fine forehead-slapper.

Couldn't understand why I elected not to enjoy the special blend of scope, head, impact, and blood. Very, very cool. I just wish he wouldn't laugh so much when he whacks himself that hard. :shock:

It scares people a bit. Bru-Ha-Ha! :wall:

RandyWakeman said:
As he giggled with joy while blood dripped down his forehead, he generously (?) asked me if would like to shoot the fine forehead-slapper.

I've had the same question asked to me a couple of times. Usually after seeing the welt form on that forehead , I just smile and respectivley decline the experience of being plastered by a scope. :drinkers:

Welt?

Now, you tell me-- just why is this fellow so darn happy?

doohan.jpg

That just ain't right. :think:

NIB SIGHTRON 3x12x42MD arrived today... no questions asked!

They red'd mine Tuesday of this week... I have a new one to mount today, Friday.

Just got a letter from Burris... still waiting on them..

Sightron customer service is 2nd to NONE!

RandyWakeman said:
Welt?

Now, you tell me-- just why is this fellow so darn happy?

Cause crying don't change much! Might as well laugh.

JJ, that wouldn't have happened if you brought your Super91 along!!

But I do have a question for the rest of you. WHO SLEPT with JJ, or did you make him sleep on the open prarie and keep all of them predators away?? :lol:

Ed

there wasnt enough eye relief in the world at the angle I was shooting at..

Owes more to my shooting style than the scope.

Back