PM Hunt and still no deer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbore442001

Reaction score
Today was a washout for the most part. Rain,rain and more rain. So I elected to hunt on my own land in a pop up blind I pitched this past September.

I know that on my trail camera I have some does as well as one three point and one eight point buck going through the area.

I was hoping to catch a glimpse of the bucks this afternoon but all I saw was one deer trotting from north to south along an ATV trail. I could not tell if it was a buck or doe but it was trotting which tells me it may have seen me or smelled me.

One thing about hunting from a popup blind is that your shooting light is cut down quite a bit. Where the deer was it is in a grove of hemlock trees bordering a swampy stream. The back of me has some higher ground and I can see more clearly.

I am hoping that by December 31st I will be able to post a story of success with the muzzleloader but it is tough. I checked the statistics for the state of Connecticut. On private land the muzzleloader success rate is just under 11 percent while state land success is a whopping 3.8 percent.

Your deer numbers sound about as bad as mine. Best of luck to you. I hope you get a buck.

Back