PREFIT BARRELS & IGNITION SYSTEMS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you mean LR Customs? https://lrcustomsinc.com/

Levi makes an excellent tactical brake for muzzleloaders. I use the T-Rex CSTM. Lots of UF and RUM owners, along with many SML shooters utilize LR Custom brakes.
He knows what he's doing when making muzzle brakes. I believe he could make a brake for a pencil and it would make writing easier ;)
Yep thats the one !!! Just looked it up myself too !!!! Thats a tip you gave me and i went looking for them !!! Gold Nugget that was !!! Thank you !!!
Well if youve read tbis thread you see just where my mind has been . Alot to consider !!! The 40 idea really is sounding good to me for a bh209/sml build with a production 50 option as well in a switch barrel form . Kinda like that idea . Whether its a ml barrel or a ruml make it fit we'll see . Ive been told that you cant do it but my measureing instraments dont say that !!! Got one located w NICE plug , shhhh !!!! Top secret !!!! Proven shooter i hear , local too . What to do with a bolt face is the question on that decision . Moduals too . I got a 54 barrel as well !!! See???? Could mean another bolt too ...
Damn Engineers , just cant stop !!! Lol !!! What was that question your wife asked you ????? :D Yea THAT one.....

Last edited:
Yep thats the one !!! Just looked it up myself too !!!! Thats a tip you gave me and i went looking for them !!! Gold Nugget that was !!! Thank you !!!
Well if youve read tbis thread you see just where my mind has been . Alot to consider !!! The 40 idea really is sounding good to me for a bh209/sml build with a production 50 option as well in a switch barrel form . Kinda like that idea . Whether its a ml barrel or a ruml make it fit we'll see . Got one located w NICE plug , shhhh !!!! Top secret !!!! Proven shooter i hear , local too . What to do with a bolt face is the question on that decision . Moduals too . I got a 54 barrel as well !!! See???? Could mean another bolt too ...
Damn Engineers , just cant stop !!! Lol !!! What was that question your wife asked you ????? :D Yea THAT one.....

I've been reading here and there. :) Just do it right the first time, because it costs like the dickens if you don't. This obsession is costly.

Yesterday I plowed a path to the berm so I could get to it and hang a target. I wanted to send a few today while a little warmer, at least until I found 1/4" of ice on my bench under 3" of snow, and by the time that ice thaws, I'll be in Tawas at the audiologist! :wall:

So...… that ice ordeal gets me thinking :think: How much would it cost to build a shooting house? What size to be comfortable? How many windows and what kind? Shelving? Complete openings on both ends for hot summer? Metal roof for snow or shingles for reducing sound? :think::think::think: That's how my mind works.
Then I spend a little time looking over the new bipod and wonder, might that be to wide for my existing portable bench top? Will I have to enlarge the top? Then as I'm boring around with that, I continue to notice that IMO my scope is setting to darn high, .350" off the barrel, which means more measuring for a possible new set of rings.
Did I mention its an obsession and costly????

I tried explaining exactly that to the wife, the CFO around here. Her response was that insurance would pay for therapy and that I might want to look for a job.
See how THEY are !!! Geez.....:bang: Fun Police im tellin ya !!!!

Jason you gettin all this ??? We are sick , sick men........:eek:

Oh man, it gets worse. I'm trying to figure out how to convince the wife, that I really need to get a dozer in here, then build that house so I can have a 300yd range. I could use the excuse that a shooting house could double as a shooting house/blind for hunting. I know what her response will be, 'long range shooting is why you have a membership and a range to shoot at'.
It never ends...……..

How about a vacuum-sealed cubby hole in the living room and a door that just looks out back,,open up the window and just shoot the smoke will be vacuum sucked out of the house,you could shoot no matter what the conditions are you can get your wife to go out and change targets

How about a vacuum-sealed cubby hole in the living room and a door that just looks out back,,open up the window and just shoot the smoke will be vacuum sucked out of the house,you could shoot no matter what the conditions are you can get your wife to go out and change targets
Mtn Monkey is a GENIUS !!!!

1580751366418207719120.jpg this is what i pull out when the Fun Police get too vocal --- its a Despicable Me thinkway Fart Blaster.....and i DONT miss......
Letmetellya -- the results are SPECTACULAR !!!!

Last edited:
Got a muzzle brake 338 Norma we could kind of warm things up with, let me know when you're set up I've been wanting to go snow skiing anyway

Good thing encore is gonna change those High rings.....mine used to whop me good in my forehead......

Back