.. range report 3/31/12 .....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:D  :)

I was able to get to the range this morning and here are the results. Overcast day with a light wind from left to right. I didn't think it was strong enough to mess with the flight of these bullets. Temp was around 43*. (Not cold enough to open the hand warmers for my fingers).

My rifle today was my V2 which is sighted in with Barnes Spit Fire T-EZ's 290 grain so that being said,
Top left are the PT 260 gr. I got from Carlos. Great group for right out of the box.
Upper right are the PT 300'S. Appears to be a good sturdy bullet. Nice tight group.
Middle, PB Aero Lite 300. Maybe it was me today but they were a little erratic.
Bottom left, I wanted to try those Thors 300 again and today they held there own. Good group. Lower right. Those are Parker Ballistic Extremes 275 grainers. I had some trouble with the sabots I got with those and after checking with my friend "THE GURU", Carlos gave me the ok to mix and match. This time the Parkers went down the barrel without a struggle becasue I used the sabots that I got from Carlos that he sent with my 260 grain order. They worked great. There are 4 bullet holes in that target. There are 2 holes to the right of the bull.
All shots today were from the 100 yard line benches....
110 GRAINS BLACKHORN 209
FIOCCHI 616-209 PRIMERS

Ray........... ;)
Good shootin everyone..........

That 300gr PT Gold sure looks like a winner! The 300gr Thor also looks to be a tack driver.

That was a really good report hawgslayer. Nothing erratic with any of those groups ;)

Ray, that is some great shooting you have done there, and I'm glad you finally got to the range. Those groups are amazing, and all the bullets shot great. Keep it up buddy and I will be asking you for lessons here pretty soon.
Carlos

Pretty good report, all the groups looked to be fairly decent.

Nice shooting it seems like with all my CVAs 110gr bh209 is where its at.

Latest posts

Back