savage axis?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup bought both, Ruger went back to the shop, Savage got a paint job, Ded Nutz and Burris scope, shoots dead on, nice trigger nice stock.  I'll keep it, if I need the trigger update I'll take it up to MI with me and have my buddy smith touch her a bit.  Boyd has new stocks for the Axis that are sweet.  Hey ever tried to rebarrel that Rugger?  me neither

pilsbury38 said:
Just a thought. I have a tc venture that I am very happy with those are also fairly inexpensive.
I have one in .270 Win and it is a great gun! With cheap Federal 270A ammo it will shoot right at 1" groups at 200 yards if the idiot behind the trigger has his $h!t together. Not too shabby for a $350 gun! Of course that was when they first came out and they are a bit more now.

Full Auto AK said:
Yup bought both, Ruger went back to the shop, Savage got a paint job, Ded Nutz and Burris scope, shoots dead on, nice trigger nice stock.  I'll keep it, if I need the trigger update I'll take it up to MI with me and have my buddy smith touch her a bit.  Boyd has new stocks for the Axis that are sweet.  Hey ever tried to rebarrel that Rugger?  me neither
What was bad about the Ruger American? All the magazine reviews I have seen have been good. What little I have seen on forums has all been good to until I read your and Cedar Savage's comments.  

Today WM had a Savage 10??? in .243 on sale for $375 with a scope. I don't need another .243 but am seriously thinking of getting it anyway. The one I have, Marlin XS7, I plan on giving to my son when he moves out someday.

scope holes were not drill right on one .Got it back same way again, The 243 clip 3 times they sent back 3 on the third time with no springs in them out of package; The third would not close on shell when going in to shoot

Back