SilencerCo announces integrally suppressed Maxim 50 muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, its a Traditions Strikerfire
SCO_5383_1024x1024.jpg

R561120NS_StrikerFire.jpg

1874sharpsshooter said:
To bad they didn't choose a decent gun.

But 1874.... it says: The first 3,000 Maxim 50s sold will ship with a limited-edition, all-weather carrying case!

Honestly, to me...this is a stupid idea, and I can't imagine them selling alot, much less 3000. Especially at a grand each. :d'oh!:

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Does this mean you can make a suppressor and put on any muzzleloader legally ?

On a federal level, suppressors may not be restricted much longer. There is a bill in the works and it has a very good chance of passing.

Dougs136Schwartz said:

No, from what I've heard the legality comes with the fact the suppressor is permanently affixed to the muzzleloader, and a muzzleloader is not defined by ATF as a "firearm".

There are plenty of higher end air rifles sold today that have a suppressor (marketed as a "sound moderator") on the end. The devices are permanently affixed to the air gun, which has also allowed them to be non regulated.

WV Hunter said:
1874sharpsshooter said:
To bad they didn't choose a decent gun.

But 1874.... it says: The first 3,000 Maxim 50s sold will ship with a limited-edition, all-weather carrying case!

Honestly, to me...this is a stupid idea, and I can't imagine them selling alot, much less 3000. Especially at a grand each. :d'oh!:

I'm not jumping on this myself, but from a couple of other forums I read several posters have stated they are going to order one. :!:

GM54-120 said:
Dougs136Schwartz said:

On a federal level, suppressors may not be restricted much longer. There is a bill in the works and it has a very good chance of passing.

I see this as just one more nail in the coffin of suppressors as restricted NFA items. I'll be glad when that ridiculous regulation is gone.

The $200 tax stamp is one of the largest scams ever invented by our government,,,,,Its right up there next to the sugar tariff from the 1700s....Not many people even know about that one. Yep, the USA has paid a higher price than the world average for sugar longer than any of us have been alive.

Latest posts

Back