Todays results with the Perdersoli .45 cal Kentucky

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
I was really surprised with today's results. It didn't take long to get those iron sights close. By the way, that was hardest thing for me to do when finishing up these pistols. I was shooting 25 yards at a 10" target. 20 grains of Old Eynsford 2F with a .015 patch. The lube was Anti-Rust and Lube made by my friend Jonathan and CCI Percussion caps. All shooting was off a rest.
IMG_1920_zpsilwrvyyk.jpg

First 6 shoots were low left. You can only see 4 but there was six. I then started filing the front sight blade. I stopped when my 7th shot hit at 9 o'clock outside the black. As usual, I tapped the rear sight to many times and as you can see there are 2 holes at 2 o'clock. Tapped the sight back a little and wound up in the black and there's where I left it. I measured the front sight against my other pistol sight and I had to remove an 8th off the top of the sight. The holes at 5 and 11 o'clock were done by the guy next to me with his new hunting rifle he was sighting in. I swabbed the barrel with a damp patch that I was chewing on after every 3rd or 4th shot.
Really like Perdersoli Kentucky.

Ray................ :yeah:

Good post and good shootin', Ray! :yeah:

Very good shooting considering those pistols I always considered a 15 yard or closer weapon. But 25 is darn good. You should be very happy.

Yes sir I'm very happy with the results. Thanks for the replies. I hope I can get the other pistol to shoot as well. :think:

Ray.............. :yeah:

Latest posts

Back