Took the Knght out today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. It's just a matter of finding the right loads & sometimes that takes a while. My .243 is picky as well. I don't know how many boxes of ammo I bought before finding the right one & the kicker was the Barnes Vortex gave me 2" groups, while the same bullet loaded by Federal stacks them on top of one another.

I'll find the sweet spot with the Knight. These groups are great but there is a load that will do better. I just have to find it!

Oh.....if you think this is good shooting, just look at Carlos & Ray!!

a1smokepole said:
Never tried the BT bullet in the crush rub sabot like to see what it does.
I'll be trying them this week & will report back

.243s are picky for everyone. I went through bunches of powders and bullet combos for mine and never found THE load. Every gun/barrel combo seems to shoot different with that cartridge. Same with .264 mag. and .284 Win.

I caught the Sabot being blue is MMP still making them for Knight ? I wonder how much the dyno coating in the barrel is making them load harder?

donjose said:
I caught the Sabot being blue is MMP still making them for Knight ? I wonder how much the dyno coating in the barrel is making them load harder?
I'm pretty sure that they are MMP, not sure on the coating affecting it though.  I still have to shoot these in Harvester sabots.

GregK said:
donjose said:
I'm pretty sure that they are MMP, not sure on the coating affecting it though.  I still have to shoot these in Harvester sabots.
I need to check but I belive the Harvester worked better for me and I also tried the MMP HPH/24 and it helped with my Mountaneer as well....

Back to optics, I put a Leupold Ultimate Slam SABR reticle illuminated center dot on my Omega.  WICKED!  It has very fast target acquisition and feels like your "locked" on target.

Luepold makes a similar reticle on their VX R series.

Latest posts

Back