Traditions 209 Nipple Retention Spring

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are. M.

Reaction score
Could someone throw a mic on their Thunder Nipple where the small primer retention spring goes. I'm trying not to buy a 20 dollar part for my Black Diamond. You know. The one Smith & Wesson discontinued.

I don't have the thunder nipple but I've seen some crazy prices on BD parts lately. A new breechplug on eBay is listed for $150 plus shipping! WTH? I was gonna buy one cuz mine is pitted but the used one for $89, buy it now, looked worse than mine. So take care of that thing. worth more parted out than whole and shooting good, it seems.

Lemme rephrase the question. Would someone who owns a traditions firearm with a 209 thunder nipple give me the diameter of the recess the spring sits on? I've scoured the internet for patents/datasheets, but they keep those secrets locked up. I'm wondering if the Traditions spring will fit on the Black Diamond nipple. If anyone has a micrometer handy, a measurement would be greatly appreciated.

RM

Attachments

• 20200117_170631.jpg
    20200117_170631.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 3
Could someone throw a mic on their Thunder Nipple where the small primer retention spring goes. I'm trying not to buy a 20 dollar part for my Black Diamond. You know. The one Smith & Wesson discontinued.
Id of retention spring is .336 od is .387

Back