What brand of muzzleloaders do you prefer?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand of Muzzleloader do you prefer?

• Knight

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Savage

• CVA

• T/C Arms

• NEF

• Total voters
I voted knight... but let me say I love TC and every one I've ever owned shot excellent. I look at it this way however, If I were going own my dream hunt I would want a Disc Extreme in my hands... TC has a better overall line up of muzzleloaders but the Knight Disc is Mr. reliable!

I just wish someone would market a bare 209 plug for them. I haven't hunted with my Knight Disc Extreme MHC yet, so that anwser could change after this fall.

I contacted HubbardOutdoors about just that. He indicated that he is considering making a bare 209 plug. Possibly if a few others would contact him he might hurry up the process. My NEF would be a great Blackhorn 209 shooter with the bare steel plug.

Hunted one season with a nice Knight that belonged to a friend. Then got a cheap CVA Staghorn. Later a CVA Mag. Hunter came along and finally a .50 Encore.

The barrels of the CVA guns are floated and the actions are bedded. They shoot just as well as my Encore, maybe a little better.

I voted TC. For me and my experiences with ML, it's simple. I've owned a Black Diamond XR and an Encore. Both of them will shoot sub 1" groups @ 100yds. Neither was very picky about any loads I used. Family members have different brands and all shoot well with the right load, but none shoot better than my experience with the Thompsons.

i vote savage less mess cheaper to shoot more fps, fpe and built imo better than the others i own but i really like my 45cal omega to

Well if I wanted to shoot smokeless [Its legal here I think] I would look at a Savage but would most likely build my own on a Rem. 700 bolt action. Since I retired and started haveing a bit of Arthritis in my hands I started buying TC's and am impressed with them, no reason to mess with others but I have any way. The Knights are well built but clumsy for me to handle, I repaired way to many CVA types to like them when I was in business. I am impressed with the Triumph and the way it shoots but the stock was to short for me [all of them are] so I re done the stock to fit me; I wish they would sell it in SS I dont like any plateing, if I could get a SS one I would build a green and brown laminated stock for it to fit me and believe I had the best available. Lee

If my source is correct, and I bet he is....RETAIL sales is this order:

#1. Thompson/Center
#2. CVA
#3. Knight

I voted Knight, but could have easily went with T/C as well. For a beginner (like me) i see nothing wrong with CVA. I think you can find a great gun out of each of those brands.

I have owned a bunch of T/C's over the years and all were shooters..well except the .45 encore barrel, guess I didn't give it a chance once I found it wouldn't shoot conicals, and a .40 cal/sabot doesn't suit me.

I now have three Whites and two T/C's. I love the Whites best and use them in the early seasons. The .50 encore is for the later cold season and the Renegade is for range fun.

Latest posts

Back