What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what kind of muzzle loader were you shooting, and what kind of velocity were you looking at,As i too like n120. If you do not mind sharing..
a
Was shooting my .45 McGowen-barreled Omega. The 195s with 57 gr were about 2640 and with 60 gr they were 2690 fps. It was pretty windy today and the groups were nothing to write home about. I’m going to drop down a few grains and try it again on a calmer day.

Was shooting my .45 McGowen-barreled Omega. The 195s with 57 gr were about 2640 and with 60 gr they were 2690 fps. It was pretty windy today and the groups were nothing to write home about. I’m going to drop down a few grains and try it again on a calmer day.
Sounds like a great setup. I have an Omega and have thought about setting it up for smokeless but would prefer to stay with fifty cal.Any advice where to go appreciated.

Moved my muzzleloaders, bullets and powder from getting wet. Basement flooded due to a broken supply line. The company covered it under warranty but took from 8AM to 8PM to get everything cleaned up and a few trips to the dump. Think firehose spraying everywhere, the line that broke was braided and popped at the crimp.
Fat Tuesday kicked my a--!

First 6 Bullets down range with the Omega 45 Cal Factory 28 twist this is a fury 225 and 68 grains by weight of Blackhorn it shows some potential,,will bump up little,,,I took it out of the thumb hole pretty laminate stock that it came in and put it in the plastic with the more traditional grip it's better for me I wash out when I'm shooting left or right with a thumb hole too easily
Not a bad group for that gun bro. I'm just smiling away that you got another Omega.

Moved my muzzleloaders, bullets and powder from getting wet. Basement flooded due to a broken supply line. The company covered it under warranty but took from 8AM to 8PM to get everything cleaned up and a few trips to the dump. Think firehose spraying everywhere, the line that broke was braided and popped at the crimp.
Fat Tuesday kicked my a--!
oh man! hope you got most of everything (hopefully everything) saved brother

Latest posts

Back