What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On another note, i am not a smelting virgin anymore, now i am all most a View attachment 35565View attachment 35566View attachment 35567View attachment 35567View attachment 35568hillbilly. After reading all your threads and Idaho lewis’s u tube videos, i cast some .54 cal r.e.a.l bullets today. After i got the temperature in check, i did pretty good. With the help of Ninering62, i lubed up a few and will try them out. I used cheap aluminum molds to start in the 380 grain version.
NIce lookin bullets ya did. That had to feel pretty good. A brother from MML hooked me up with his old casting pot, its something that I want to be able to do for myself as well.

I received more bullets from northern Precision today more of the 240 lead tip 402 ,, the last ones I tried which were the first ones ,were knurled up to much,,these are just right,, also the 270 pinpoint that has been so accurate in multiple rifles he sent to me bonded with the tip ,the other version of had an open tip kind of like Furys this one is bonded with the sharp tip.

Got out the Omega sml adjusted the Woodman breech plug to fit the 209a primers.I fired off three in a row and they came out easy and were as clean as when they went in.And the action closed up really good(Thanks Eldiablo).I know the primers might change under a load of powder and bullet,but now everything seems good to go.

Did a little shooting this morning with the little 45 deerhunter.
Started off with my duplex load, 10 grains of 3f Goex followed by 50 grains of 3f Triple 7 under a fiber wad, .445 ball and a .010 cotton patch.
I decided to try just the T7 and after a couple shots I had just a bit of a hang fire.
No swabbing in between shots as the gun loaded easily but for future, I'll have to, at least at the range. Shouldn't be a problem hunting.
I think I did pretty well, pulled a couple shots but not bad. That little gun is pretty light, so it's easy to do if I don't pay attention and keep my hold just right.
Still have some more work to do with it.
All shots today at 50 yards.

Attachments

• 20230701_090728.jpg
    14.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230701_085556.jpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230701_075546.jpg
    13.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230701_075452.jpg
    13.3 MB · Views: 1
Had an extra Omega blue barrel hanging around so I bid and won a GunBusters auction on Gumbroker. Parts came in today and had time to put everything together. The parts came with a 2-7x32 Nikon Camo scope but I used a Burris scope that I had. Fired off a primer so I know it all works. Shame they cut the barrel, rifling looked pretty good. pix041303057.jpg

Had an extra Omega blue barrel hanging around so I bid and won a GunBusters auction on Gumbroker. Parts came in today and had time to put everything together. The parts came with a 2-7x32 Nikon Camo scope but I used a Burris scope that I had. Fired off a primer so I know it all works. Shame they cut the barrel, rifling looked pretty good. View attachment 35688
I saw that - you got a good deal!

Took advantage of the sale at Lehigh and bought some 40 cal 195gr Controlled Fracturing bullets to "complement" my 195 Barnes copper bullets and some 45 cal 240gr CF bullets to potentially use in my Optima Pistol or to replace the 240gr XTP I use in one of my Knights.

Maybe use the 240's in the Omega I just put together. 🤔

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back