WHAT STATES IS THE SMOKELESS MUZZLELOADERS LEGAL IN

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyzink

Reaction score
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A LIST OF WHAT STATES THE SMOKELESS MUZZLELOADING IS LEGAL IN OR ILLEGAL IN, WHICH EVER LIST IS SHORTEST?

billy Smokeless is not allowed in Virginia during the muzzleloading season. However, I hear a lot of smokeless rifles going off in the distance during our muzzeloading seasons. I dont think they are muzzleloaders though!

As a quest of a well known sportsmens club in an adjoining county last year during the late muzzleloading season I couldnt help but notice I was the only hunter carrying a muzzleloading rifle. After a lengthy discusson with my hosts concerning their hunting tactics I never got invited back.

Maybe Leutenant Bise with the Virginia Game Commision has one valid point in Virginias prohibiting the smokeless muzzleloading since I heard they use a powder residue test when inspecting possible illegaly taken game.

iisabigone

Smokeless legal in Alabama and Kentucky during muzzleloader seasons! :D

Smokeless is legal here in Arkansas during the muzzleloading season. :wink:

I think it may be legal in Texas too, Chuck ought to know the answer to that.

I think it may be legal in Texas too, Chuck ought to know the answer to that.

I really don't since I just hunted in firearms season with the big boys! :lol: I don't even know if Texas HAS a muzzleloader season....

In the top B & C whitetail states as recently listed in the American Hunter, smokeless muzzleloading is legal in all of them in muzzleloader seasons. Regs change from year to year; as the VA DGIF themselves are recommending smokeless be made clearly legal in muzzleloading for deer and bear, the rest is just a formality.

A few western states, like Oregon and Washington State, do not allow 209 primers, and you need an "exposed" ignition system-- so not only is smokeless a ways off, you can't use an Omega, Encore, etc., to muzzleload with or a Savage.

Smokeless is ILLEGAL in a muzzleloader during the primitive weapon season in MS, but it IS legal in a breach loading replica gun shooting a metallic cartridge during the primitive season! Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. :?

Smokeless is LEGAL in a muzzleloader during the regular rifle season.

black3

1shot1kill as soon as Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries announces smokeless is allowed during our muzzleloading season I will be placing an order.

Right now Im thinking along the lines of a stainless and laminate savage.

Im not really looking for blazing speed but accuracy, consistancy, dependability and a break from all of this spitting and swabbing I been doing for the last 30 years.

iisabigone

billyzink said:
WHAT ABOUT MINNESOTA AND WISCONSIN? LEGAL IN THOSE TWO STATES?

Yes. Open or peep sights only in Minnesota, 1X scopes allowed in Wisconsin.

What states do you hunt?

Latest posts

Back