Which percussion caps?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RWS caps are very good. I use them as well as many other shooters. Just be sure you're ordering the correct ones for your setup. Your post is a bit confusing as you state # 11 caps and the picture shows musket caps.
There IS a difference my friend.
Good luck during the deer season.

I am not sure why I added #11 to them,they are the rws 1081,looks like 4 sides,I downloaded the picture from the website and add they areisted on.I woukd like to order them if these are what I need? I believe they are,just want to double check before I place ordered.Thanks!

Attachments

• rws-no1081-cap.jpg
    rws-no1081-cap.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 6
4 wing as they are known. If you are changing your setup to the northwest breech plug, than yes, musket caps are what you want.
My advice would be to order as many as you can. 1,000-5,000.
The supply goes up and down almost daily.

The musket caps arrived in less than 24 hrs. I only ordered 200, that should do me for a few years. I plan on shooting it later in winter,if I can locate powder,I checked today and local shop sold out right now.

After buying and selling a dozen black powder guns the last year, to make money, I used the some of the cash I made to buy a new Cva Optima v2 and a Cva Wolf v2, I should have the optima v2 here tomorrow, I went with camo/nitride 26", I had the camo/stainless but sold it last summer. I still have the 1081 rws caps as I never bothered with the Traditions, I made $100 off it.

I have decided the optima v2 will be my open sights,loose powder, "Northwest" setup, I still can't locate the "Northwest" breech plug up here, I hope too someday but I had to purchase a fiber optic sight for gun, and I also went with a weaver base and some quick detach rings as I will setup gun with a scope as well.

This year I will be shooting pellets and I have some bore driver ftx on the way to test out, and about 10 other types and weights of different bullets here.

I can't locate any powder, but what would you expect with a piece of **** like Turdeau in charge........useless Turd.

Is it bad to say you like your 300 and 500 dollar muzzleloaders better than your accura mr-x?....I can't get sold on the fold up ram rod, I like the accura but I think It will be the gun I take on "trips". I love the Wolf v2 and the optima v2 guns. It took me 3 shots to have the wolf hitting bullseye at 100 yards with 2 50 gr triple 7 pellets and a 250 gr sst, I was 1.5" to the right first shot, I over adjusted and was a inch left of bullseye, 3rd shot, dead in x....I still have a handful of Tc's but I am a big fan of the Cva's, and a few years ago I was very hesitant to stray from Tc......

Last edited:
Back