Why did I wait so Long?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crashphoenix

Reaction score
Hello everyone! So glad I found this place, Looks like a lot of great information.
Just got into Muzzleloading and regret not doing it sooner. I'm from SW Missouri and have been an avid rifle hunter for moons and moons. But until today had never shot a Muzzleloader.
Muzzleloaders have always intimidated me. You know the story--A friend of a friend of a friend's uncles best buddy's nephew blew off his hand/arm/pinky toe...blah blah blah. After seeing some fired at local ranges through the years, the loud noise seemed to equate to a big kick, which I dislike(I was wrong, all bark, not much bite). With the recent ammo scare, my interest got piqued more. It really got piqued when I watched a youtube video on an adapter for break action shotguns to turn them into muzzleloading shotguns. Since I also hunt turkey, i thought this might be something cool. So research was started. And the opinions i found were like rear ends.. everyone has them and they're all different. I found out my local conservation department at the Andy Dalton shooting range was giving a class on modern muzzleloading, So I signed up. And being the glutton for punishment I am, I figured If i was going to take the class I might as well get a new gun (Like we need reasons to get a new toy..lol) Bass pro had a Traditions buckstalker readypack with scope in my price range, and home it came. The conservation dept even provided some rifles for those that didn't have any, along with saboted bullets, triple 7 pellets , patches, 209 primers, etc.
My fears were totally unfounded. Even managed to get the scope dialed in at 50 yards with 2 pyrodex pellets and a 230g TC sure fire saboted bullet. Figured that would be good enough for deer, and now my season is extended :). Had an awesome time, and now I'm hooked. I've got some Pyrodex rs powder and some Goex FFg to try out for fun. Now, to get a range rod, more patches, make some cleaning solution.... hmmmmm This could get to be lots of fun :)
Thanks for letting me join and I'm looking forward to learning and sharing lots more!

Welcome as well. I got into ML for the extra season (right during the rut) and am now using them for most of my hunting. It's definitely nice to know you can always get some bullets and powder to keep out in the woods, no matter what the availability of regular ammo.

This is a great site. Good search engine with a wealth of info and very helpful regulars.

Welcome...Enjoy your stay and ask a bunch of questions. The guys here are very knowledgeable and can help you allot.

Welcome to the sport! Always room for another addition. 8)

Welcome aboard. I, like SteveH, got into muzzle loading for the extra season. But I fell for the one shot challenge and watching the deer fall through the big cloud of smoke. You think your hooked now...wait till that happens!

Latest posts

Back