You all are going to be SO surprised!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
big6x6 said:
I'll tell you Patrick...this is a GREAT LOOKING muzzleloader!

That spiral fluting really does nothing for me. And I'm not fond of the stock either. They need to make one in synthetic.

Patrick White said:
That spiral fluting really does nothing for me. And I'm not fond of the stock either. They need to make one in synthetic.

They do make it with a thumbhole stock though! :D
LRH727TF.jpg

fairchase said:
6X6, does that LRH, have a diskless breech plug?

ABSOLUTELY! It works GREAT! I didn't use one full plastic jacket all day! They did include both breechplugs though and a few of the jackets. ZERO scope burn on the new Nikon Omega 3-9X40 scope too! It's really a great designed plug. Drop a primer in, pull the trigger, work the bolt, and tilt the rifle clockwise and the 209 drops out.

No primer..
100_0285.JPG

With a primer dropped in..
100_0286.JPG

6X6
Looks very interesting...I almost bought this rifle to take to RSA but I couldn't justify it with the Elite shooting so well. However, you got me chomping at the bit again...thanks for sharing :) ...I think? :?

Does that extra semi-circular cut in the action opening align with a cut in the bolt housing to become the vent path? If not, whut'z da xtree cut fer? :)

hmmmmmm ..... i can get one of those at cost thru a family member ..... :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

n8dawg6 said:
hmmmmmm ..... i can get one of those at cost thru a family member ..... :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

How about 2 ??? ?? ? ?? ? ? ???????????????? :shock: :prayer:

Ya'll should wait until after Sunday.. Last night I weighed out 24 charges each of 85gr by weight of ffg Triple Se7en and 90gr by weight ffg Triple Se7en. I figure a "Long Range Hunter" should have a pretty stiff load! Those are stiff charges! Let's see how good it shoots Sunday.

big6x6 said:
Ya'll should wait until after Sunday.. Last night I weighed out 24 charges each of 85gr by weight of ffg Triple Se7en and 90gr by weight ffg Triple Se7en. I figure a "Long Range Hunter" should have a pretty stiff load! Those are stiff charges! Let's see how good it shoots Sunday.
Actually that is only about 105-106gn by volume for 85 by weight and 112-113gn by volume for 90 by weight... I have found that if you are going to weigh T7 2f that weight numbers are always 20% less than volume numbers... meaning 100gn by volume equals 80gn by weight.

I have found that most of my knights performed very well with a 250gn Barnes MZ in 110-125gn by volume range or 88-100gn by weight... with 120gn by volume (96gn by weight) being the sweet spot in all but one of them.

Actually that is only about 105-106gn by volume for 85 by weight and 112-113gn by volume for 90 by weight... I have found that if you are going to weigh T7 2f that weight numbers are always 20% less than volume numbers... meaning 100gn by volume equals 80gn by weight.

Actually, that's not what I get. Using a T/C U-View adjustable powder measure for the volumetric measurement and my Acculab VIC 123 scale for the weight measurement, I get 85.0gr by weight approximately equal to 125gr by volume. I don't know the volumetric measurement of the 90gr by weight measurement since it is more than the 125gr the T/C U-View will measure..this using a fresh can of ffg Triple Se7en lot #7-4-3495.

That is exactly what I have always found the conversion to be for T7 FFg :wink: 8)

The variance in weight to volume can be considerable though and Chuck is correct to state the lot number of powder.

But I do think his scale needs calibration. :wink:

big6x6 said:
I get 85.0gr by weight approximately equal to 125gr by volume.

Wow, that's not what I get either! I also use the T/C U-View clear volumetric measure. My volume measured 110 gr. Triple Se7en FFG loads weigh 88 grs. on the PACT digital scale. So, I've always used the fomula that 1 grain weighed equals 1.25 grains by volume for Triple Se7en FFG.

It's interesting to note that not everyone gets the same measurements which is why it makes it hard to pass along info to others and expect them to get the same results. There are just SO many variables involved.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to Chuck's next range session with the LRH. I look for the groups to tighten up considerably.

Here's what I get with my brass measure set at 100 grains. I filled the measure to overflowing, tapped the side with a pencil five times to settle the powder (it settles about 3/8"), then fill it to overflowing again, tap it once, then level it off and weigh it in my RCBS balance scale. Weights shown are the average of three weighings.

Goex FFG = 110.0 grains weight.
Pyrodex RS = 78.0 grains weight.
Pyrodex Select = 76.7 grains weight.
Triple Seven FFG = 77.7 grains weight.
Triple Seven FFFG = 87.0 grains weight.

Target shooting and hunting, I use weighed charges stored in a plastic vial. Plinking and playing around, I use volume measure.

100 grains by VOLUME of T7 FFg should weigh very near to 80 grains by actual weight. We established that as a useful average long ago on HA.

Sumpin aint right Chuck. I think that scale has too many variables. :D

g, oz, lbs, lbs:eek:z, dwt, ozt, grains, Newton, carats, Taels

tell me whut a tael iz?

Latest posts

Back