Your TC Omega ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
is yours stock or have you done any Mods to it ?? starting to get my sons ready for this years hunt . Only thing i have done so far is i made a .25 acp conversion BP and floated the barrel like i did to my encore . Will put some spray in insulation foam to the inside of the butt stock next. Don't like the TC 1x scope , its not anywhere near as sharp as my 1x Sightron . My Sightron is focused and sharp from 10 feet to infinity . PLus i will add a limbsaver recoil pad .

I Love tinkering with guns !!!!!!!!! :D

As far as adding the limbsaver recoil pad. I use the slipover for my Omega. The stock on mine was too short for me anyway, and I like the extra length.

txhunter58 said:
As far as adding the limbsaver recoil pad. I use the slipover for my Omega. The stock on mine was too short for me anyway, and I like the extra length.

I have a slip over on my Encore also .

UtahRob

I have floated and re-inforced the recoil lugs to stop barrel movement...

StockPic2.jpg

sabotloader said:
UtahRob

I have floated and re-inforced the recoil lugs to stop barrel movement...

StockPic2.jpg

Thats kinda what i am doing to my sons Omega and my ruger 77/22 wmr .

does that hardwood block tough the bottom of the barrel ?? I see the wood has a channel in it , or grove . If i am seeing it right . or is that grove for the ramrod clearance ??

Thanks ,
Rob

UtahRob

does that hardwood block tough the bottom of the barrel ?? I see the wood has a channel in it , or grove . If i am seeing it right . or is that grove for the ramrod clearance ??

It is channeled to provide clearance for the ram rod...

The bottom portion of the block fits very snugly between the two lug pockets and the upper portion of the block fits against the front metal recoil lug. The upper portion is laminated to the lower block. Between the two pieces, no movement, (back and forth) of the barreld action can occur.

The existing lug pockets in the synthetic stock are so shallow, over time they will become hammered and allow recoil movement back and forth without some sort of reinforcement.

Latest posts

Back