Omega Build - McGowen .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am wanting to build an Omega 45 with that same stock and 45 McGowan from Mark,but I am having the darnndest time finding an action for one.I plan to shoot 55-60 grains of h4198 with a hornaday 200 grain sst with hlbs and fed 209 a primer.Glad to see how well that barrel will shooy.My range is from 15-200yds where I hunt.

I am wanting to build an Omega 45 with that same stock and 45 McGowan from Mark,but I am having the darnndest time finding an action for one.I plan to shoot 55-60 grains of h4198 with a hornaday 200 grain sst with hlbs and fed 209 a primer.Glad to see how well that barrel will shooy.My range is from 15-200yds where I hunt.
Brown, I would look into a fury star tip. 225 to 250 grains of bonded 40 caliber goodness

I was told about donor guns,but are going too much out of budget.Being on disability a dollar does not go as far as it should.Mark has the barrel for me and Boyds has the stock on hold,I spoke to Ashley and she said it be be put on hold for me.Guess I will keep looking for an action.Mark told me about the fury bullets to shoot in his barrel.Thanks guys.

I’m shooting 56 grains IMR 4198 out if my H&R conversion- I couldn’t hang on at 60 grains. I will start with this in my 45 rem ml with Pacnor barrel but moving to N120

When I was shooting saboted bullets out of my .45, I was using the Barnes 195 and HLBS with 71 grains of Reloader 7. That was right at 2800 fps, and very sabot friendly, never had close to any sabot issues. 2 of my buddies use that same load to this day.

When I was shooting saboted bullets out of my .45, I was using the Barnes 195 and HLBS with 71 grains of Reloader 7. That was right at 2800 fps, and very sabot friendly, never had close to any sabot issues. 2 of my buddies use that same load to this day.
Do you know the trace pressure on this load?

Back