.270 Encore Bergara

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega451

Reaction score
I just finished putting this one together. Will hopefully have it on the range next Monday.

TC Pro Hunter Frame w/ Bellm Trigger Job
.270 Fluted Encore Bergara Barrel
Camo TH Laminate Stock
DNZ "Dednutz" Mount
Nikon Pro Staff 3-9x40 w/ Nikoplex

270.jpg

270-1.jpg

:D
I'm sure your going to be able to reach out and touch something with that rifle. That 270 is a real flat shooting round and I'm sure that rifle will prove me right.
Good luck with it. "SHE'S A KEEPER" :!: :!: :!:

Ray......... ;)

Are you going to reload the .270, or have you found a good factory load :?:

Marty,

I have not even bought a box of bullets for it yet. I will buy some factory and shoot them for the cases then reload.

heres a dumb law for you...... in Indiana , we are not allowed to use a high powered rifle. but, if i buy a .243 barrel (or larger) for my encore that is 15" and put a pistol forearm and stock on it, i am legal..... Just makes no sense to me what so ever..... So, I am thinking of trying it this year, with a .270, just wander what the accuracy on such a short rifle (hand gun) barrel would be........here is our laws:

Handguns for hunting
Handguns, other than muzzleloading, must have a barrel at least 4 inches long and must fire a bullet of .243-inch diameter or larger. The handgun cartridge case, without the bullet, must be at least 1.16 inches long.

And Indiana code (definition of a pistol)

IC 35-47-1-6
"Handgun"
Sec. 6. "Handgun" means any firearm:
(1) designed or adapted so as to be aimed and fired from one (1) hand, regardless of barrel length; or
(2) any firearm with:
(A) a barrel less than sixteen (16) inches in length; or
(B) an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches.

I have only seen what a 12" 44mag Encore pistol will do. Its impressive at 100yds. Not my cup of tea though trying to look through the scope.

I just got back from the range with the .270 Encore Bergara barrel and Nikon Pro Staff. I am impressed with its accuracy shooting factory 150gr Remington Core Lokt's. I have dies and 130gr and 150gr Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets on hand to start reloading. This is a 5 shot group at 100yds. Factory ammo.................. :shock:
corelokt-1.jpg

sqezer

A friend sent me some factory Federal 130gr Barnes Triple Shocks and I shot them this morning. I like the accuracy. I only shot 5. Two hit same hole 3" left, scope adjustment and 3 shot group below. Gotta save some for PA Rifle Season. :D

TripleShock.jpg

Don't believe what you read about the Encore Bergara barrels not being shooters. I have 3 and they all shoot! :lol:

That is a nice setup Omega and some nice shooting for sure.

I sure cant wait till I get my .243 dialed in. It's almost, just ran out of time.

Nice looking rig and a shooter that's a Bergara barrel for ya, they shoot!

Back