A Remington smokeless?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getonit

Reaction score
Has anybody here heard the rumor of Remington coming out with a Smokeless MZ this fall? - I got a call from a buddy this morning - a gun shop in the area told a co worker that its coming....If possible I'll make it over there to find out where the information came from or if the guy got his information crossed- Hey JJ - are you still helping them out??? (Kramers) maybe you can get the scoop.... Rick

They did come out with a new muzzleloader. Its a break action type, but it isn't smokeless. Looks like a very nice clean simple design. It is featured in this months Predator extreme magazine. It actually looks pretty good.

DeerNut said:
They did come out with a new muzzleloader. Its a break action type, but it isn't smokeless. Looks like a very nice clean simple design. It is featured in this months Predator extreme magazine. It actually looks pretty good.

.....and it's fitted with one of those fine Spanish barrels. :roll:

dwhunter said:
DeerNut said:

The Spanish are quite capable of building fine quality and strong barrels...it's a matter of specification.

RAZORBACK said:
dwhunter said:
DeerNut said:

The Spanish are quite capable of building fine quality and strong barrels...it's a matter of specification.

Del,
You're such a diplomat :p

RAZORBACK said:

That is the great irony of "all that"-- the difference between a firearm built to a price point only, at very low price point, and those built to reasonable design standards - - - and tested to meet or exceed those standards.

Lyman shows a 120 gr. charge of Pyrodex Select pushing a 400 gr. Knight sabot, MAP = 33,500 PSI. Using standard SAAMI SF of 1.3, any gun that allows that load should easily be proofed to 43,550 PSI minimum. It hardly takes heavy bullets to get near 30,000 PSI-- 120 gr. Pyrodex RS, 240 gr. XTP, 29,000 PSI MAP per Lyman.

Sounds like an Omega clone- I got this evcerpt from the shooting industry news tonight...[ For 2006, Remington returns to the world of black powder with the launch of the Genesis Muzzleloader line. Available in seven initial offerings, the .50 caliber black powder rifle features the Torch Cam breech block and 209 primer ignition.] not something I have to spend money on... :lol: Rick

getonit said:
Sounds like an Omega clone- I got this evcerpt from the shooting industry news tonight...[ For 2006, Remington returns to the world of black powder with the launch of the Genesis Muzzleloader line. Available in seven initial offerings, the .50 caliber black powder rifle features the Torch Cam breech block and 209 primer ignition.] not something I have to spend money on... :lol: Rick

EXACTLY! :d'oh!:

Not smokeless (not even close!), but an "interesting" action... have you guys seen this:
R4000%20DETAIL%204_t.JPG

Underclocked said:
Not smokeless (not even close!), but an "interesting" action... have you guys seen this:
R4000%20DETAIL%204_t.JPG

I see it....interesting! But that is a Traditions rifle!

RAZORBACK said:
Underclocked said:
R4000%20DETAIL%204_t.JPG

I see it....interesting! But that is a Traditions rifle!
Wow! A open breech plug design!

Yep, it's a Traditions Yukon (NOT an endorsement - no way) but it is a strange looking mechanism. They call it a drop breech.

R4000%20DETAIL%202_t.JPG

Underclocked said:
Yep, it's a Traditions Kodiak (NOT an endorsement - no way) but it is a strange looking mechanism. They call it a drop breech.

I'd rather call it a "Yukon." :?

Whut? Huh? :wink:

Latest posts

Back