Another one jumps onto the ML train. Thanks ahead of time for your help in the future.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Reaction score
Thank everyone ahead of time, as this new guy signs in. So just to get it out of the way if I don't say it enough
a. Thanks for putting up with what will be my stupid questions.
b. Thanks for having a forum so that I can get questions answered easily.
c. Your patience is greatly appreciated

Now with that out of the way.... I am about to enter the world of modern inline muzzle loaders, which is for me a natural progression from bolt and semi-automatic rifles. Unfortunately for me and guns in general, I am in Los Angeles, California...great weather, lousy politicians and taxes. Be that as it may I was doing research into starting to shoot black powder so when I went to the NRA convention in Nashville, I took it up a notch and committed. I decided to purchase a Knight Mountaineer 50 caliber.

By nature, I am a tinker and a researcher so I am here even before I have received the rifle. Hey, even in California its shipped to your door, no FFL. I ordered it two ways. It come standard with the plastic jacket breech plug and bolt. But I ordered a regular 209 breech plug and bolt (did I say that all correctly?) because I wanted to have all eventualities covered.

So anyway, I already have questions but I guess I will post them in the area of questions. And just say thank you once more for being there. I will be leaning on you.

:applause: :applause:

WELCOME ABOARD Doc :!: :!:
Glad you found the place. We have a bunch of nice guys here that are always willing to help out with questions and problems and give their opinions on gear. I'm sure you'll like the place :yeah:

Ray................ :wink:

Welcome and I'm glad you found us! And that is a heck of a smokepole you are starting out with! Enjoy the journey.

Back