Converted Paramount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That picture is only 65 grains of H4198, which works fine in my Encore, but not in the Paramount and my Encore has your ignition system.

Perhaps Arrowhead and friends could look at this as a free exchange of experiences, rather than an attack?

Working through problems makes us better I think this could be constructive and helpful I respect Arrowhead and Hankins products they both serve me well we're kind of at the initial beginnings of Paramount rebuilds I know there's going to be a lot more I hope this ends up being the constructive disagreement sometimes we learn more from a problem and we do just always thinking we have things right

I'm going to give a four instance there may be many that shoot rebuilt paramounts that aren't interested in shooting a lot hot and heavier loads me for one,, I'm not really interested,, I rarely shoot over 65 grains and I'm usually around the 60 to 63 grains even with my full taper rifles however I know that there are others who would like to get all the velocity that they can so again I see this problem as being overall down the road potentially helpful

It looks to me like your firing pin hole is extremely sloppy. The primer backing in to the firing pin hole isn't a plug issue it's a bolt head issue.

The larger expansion chamber of the HIS probably masks it, but that's a bug not a feature. Less expansion chamber means more reliable ignition and lower ES especially in cold weather. Nothing to fix on the arrowhead end.

It looks to me like your firing pin hole is extremely sloppy. The primer backing in to the firing pin hole isn't a plug issue it's a bolt head issue.
That what i seeing. Seen it happen with other brands too when the firing pin and/or hole are too large. Ive even seen plenty of smokers do it but they usually dont burst. Just the primer flows into the firing pin hole.

To me it looks like the primer anvil gave out and the blowby gas cut the firing pin hole also.

Perhaps Arrowhead and friends could look at this as a free exchange of experiences, rather than an attack?
I don't think anyone has attacked YOU, but rather disagreed with you and YOU don't like that.
No one said or implied that you didn't have some kind of issue/s, and evidently YOU don't like that either.

No the issue isn’t with me. The issue is with Arrowhead’s ignition and a small clique of mean girls on this forum that want to bully people with a keyboard and say things they’d never have the balls to say to someone’s face. Yes, I’m talking to you. Anytime, anytime and I mean anytime you want to stop by my shop, I would be more than happy to discuss this further with you, but you don’t have the balls for that.
There have been things suggested that might have been YOUR problem, but YOU don't like that.
Its certain that YOU can't be made happy, one way or another.

Attack???? Running YOUR mouth about who has balls? Come on. Look at the crap YOU put forth above and people are attacking you????

Take a break and go back to building those converted paramouths.

Thanks you guys for pointing out the sloppy work on the bolt face. I’ve also thought that to be a problem. That bolt face was made by Arrowhead. I’ll detail that for you guys when I shoot the video this week with various loads showing how the primer won’t hold. I’ll also detail how well the bolt face locks up with the module. It’s an excellent fit, which is to Luke’s credit, but eliminates the headspace being done wrong.

I don't think anyone has attacked YOU, but rather disagreed with you and YOU don't like that.
No one said or implied that you didn't have some kind of issue/s, and evidently YOU don't like that either.

There have been things suggested that might have been YOUR problem, but YOU don't like that.
Its certain that YOU can't be made happy, one way or another.

Attack???? Running YOUR mouth about who has balls? Come on. Look at the crap YOU put forth above and people are attacking you????

Take a break and go back to building those converted paramouths.
Read the entire thread. You and the mean girls are the ones who ramped things up
and yes, people are saying I had no problem with Arrowhead ignition systems. Not my first rodeo. More crap you mean girls post, the more documentation I will post. Bring it on mean girls.

Read the entire thread. You and the mean girls are the ones who ramped things up
and yes, people are saying I had no problem with Arrowhead ignition systems. Not my first rodeo. More crap you mean girls post, the more documentation I will post. Bring it on mean girls.
Really a great start here. Won't be long and you'll be banned............

Read the thread. You’ve been one of the mean ones. It isn’t lost on me that I’ve heard from quite a few of the forum members complaining about you and several others specifically and how you try to dominate by getting ugly.

The larger expansion chamber of the HIS probably masks it, but that's a bug not a feature. Less expansion chamber means more reliable ignition and lower ES especially in cold weather. Nothing to fix on the arrowhead end.
Luke,
That’s your bolt face. Surprised you didn’t recognize it. It came with the plug you sent.
When we talked on the phone you said there couldn’t be a problem with your bolt face. Now that you’ve seen the picture I’m glad you recognize your bolt face has deficiencies.

Read the thread. You’ve been one of the mean ones. It isn’t lost on me that I’ve heard from quite a few of the forum members complaining about you and several others specifically and how you try to dominate by getting ugly.
I've been mean??? Ugly???? Really??? I'm not the one that invited someone over to their shop that didn't have "balls".

I'm glad that you have a friend on the site.

I've stated repeatedly, YOU are the only one of all the members here, and all the members on FB, that have had a problem with over pressure and leaking ignition systems from Arrowhead. If that's what you're talking about me being "one of the mean ones", well then, I agree with you.

There's 886 FB members, a huge number using the Arrowhead conversion and .......... not a single one ...... NOT ONE ........ has had your problem. Please explain.
Also on FB, there's a huge number of paramouth owners who have eliminated the OEM system and exchanged it for the Arrowhead system. Not a single complaint of primers backing out or over pressures there either.

Quite frankly, you appear to be the only person having an issue and its with your own work. Nobody else with a conversion has popped in saying they had problems with a firing pin with excess slop. Might want to check your own work...

1678223031569.jpeg
This is my bolt face, which is several years old and is getting close to a thousand rounds on it. The previous bolt face picture I posted and you guys found fault with, was actually Arrowhead’s. As Luke pointed out the deficiencies in his bolt head, I also recognized the same thing, plus the channel he has in his. I eliminated the channel and made the firing pin hole smaller. I also made it in one piece instead of multi pieces and glued together to get the timing right. Harder to get the timing right with one piece, but I’m not counting on glue to keep my bolt face from coming apart.

I've been mean??? Ugly???? Really??? I'm not the one that invited someone over to their shop that didn't have "balls".

I'm glad that you have a friend on the site.

I've stated repeatedly, YOU are the only one of all the members here, and all the members on FB, that have had a problem with over pressure and leaking ignition systems from Arrowhead. If that's what you're talking about me being "one of the mean ones", well then, I agree with you.

There's 886 FB members, a huge number using the Arrowhead conversion and .......... not a single one ...... NOT ONE ........ has had your problem. Please explain.
Also on FB, there's a huge number of paramouth owners who have eliminated the OEM system and exchanged it for the Arrowhead system. Not a single complaint of primers backing out or over pressures there either.

Quite frankly, you appear to be the only person having an issue and its with your own work. Nobody else with a conversion has popped in saying they had problems with a firing pin with excess slop. Might want to check your own work...
Did you not understand that’s Luke’s bolt face or do you choose to ignore it hoping no one catches on?

Again. Read the threads. You have no problem throwing stones, but are very thinned skin. If you’re going to throw, toughen up.
I'm tough enough. However, I don't make it a habit to threaten people who disagree with me like you did.

I'm not throwing stones, I'm disagreeing with the fact that you are making it a point to bad mouth one of this site's sponsors, regardless of whom that may be.

YOU............. had a problem with primers and leaking. Nobody is denying that.

Nobody else has come forward with the same problem.

How about you show us all the posts where shooters are complaining about leaking modules and blown primers. Oh yeah, those that were NOT the fault of the owner.
I'd like to see those buckets full of Arrowhead ignition systems too.

Did you not understand that’s Luke’s bolt face or do you choose to ignore it hoping no one catches on?
Luke is more than capable of handling issues pertaining to him or Arrowhead. Maybe you should realize that, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back