CVA Optima V2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toy truck were you using a factory blackhorn plug provided by CVA or did you fit that breach plug yourself?

Hopefully we can help you get your primer headspace tight so you have no blowback I would imagine there's some videos probably on the side already just keep heading down the road you're going on you're heading in the right direction

You'll get used to it, make cleaning the firing pin and spring a part of your regular cleaning,, if you find a screwdriver that will fit it's real shallow it's really easy to take out yourself which I would recommend,, and I think I understood you were using Black Horn powder which I recommend in your optima if you can find it and afford it,,, make sure you learn the appropriate cleaning regiment that best with the type of powder you're shooting. A lot of threads and information and good advice here you are in the right place.
I’m using loose T-7…

The 209 blackhorn plug will run t7 just fine that's the plug I would buy if I were you it comes with a little right angle wrench and some instructions about how to install very very easy

The user seats the breachplug to the threads in his action with that little right angle wrench if care is taken you can get a little bit of primer crush and you will have a clean shooting rifle

I must say my experience has all been with a Acura I think the optima is the same others can speak up

The user seats the breachplug to the threads in his action with that little right angle wrench if care is taken you can get a little bit of primer crush and you will have a clean shooting rifle
I’ll give a shout when it comes in…Thank you all!!!

A lot of CVA shooters here and if I can help you anytime PM me,, again a lot of great knowledge here and guys eager to give it so you're in the right place

Yeah I think the plugs with the slot are the replacement plugs it allows the user to set his own headspace

Well got a new BP ordered and firing pin kit. I couldn't resist to wait but I wanted to see how easy/hard it was going to be to remove the firing pin. The breech face came off rather easy and the firing pin w/spring came right out with no issue. cleaned out the area w some powder blast. When reinstalling is it wise to use some sort of grease on the threads?

Well got a new BP ordered and firing pin kit. I couldn't resist to wait but I wanted to see how easy/hard it was going to be to remove the firing pin. The breech face came off rather easy and the firing pin w/spring came right out with no issue. cleaned out the area w some powder blast. When reinstalling is it wise to use some sort of grease on the threads?
I always do.

Latest posts

Back