CVA Paramount Update

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot another group , very different conditions 20 mile-an-hour wind left to right 85 grains by weight Paramount,, 280 eld,, I'm fixing to put three more in the same group the wind is seddling a little bit I'll send another pic then. Tomorrow bore riders!!

Looks like my Accura groups.

Pitman 275 accumax 85 grains of blackhorn by weight wool wad calm wind,, fixing to go to 90gr and then 95gr just going to stay on the 275 for now,,
Thanks for the update monkey. It looks like they opened up a bit on ya there. Thats @100yds right? Question regarding the wads- doest it make any diff or is it personal preff or propellent specific as to which type of wad material you use - Felt - Woll - Cardboard ? I'm super curious to test how the hollow based 310gr or the 275gr hollow based perform in my Paramount. I am in pursuit of a lighter weight high BC bullet that will perform MOA or less on everything I'm going to be using it on from 50 yds out to 600 or so at 2400+FPS MV. Kind regards

I'm using the wool wad I haven't had enough experience shooting wads to comment on that you might ask others on hear what they prefer,, I'm confident I can find the right load already know it likes those 275 furys,, I just don't want to give up on accumax yet until I shoot a little bit hot or load let y'all know in a little while

90 grains by weight,, 275 accumax 3 shot group and yes two of the bullets are in the same hole, now the recoil on this 90 grain with no muzzle brake for me is not nice, I'm going to clean the gun up in a couple hours try 95 grains I got to find some weights to kind of tie myself down to the shooting bench first though forget the LED sled I need a LED you know what

Attachments

• IMG_20200201_122110066.jpg
    IMG_20200201_122110066.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 9
I'd rather hunt with that 275 Pittman then the 280 blue-tip spaceship

You know, I haven't heard one complaint on terminal performance of the blue-tipped spaceships whether near or afar. I did see one nicely expanded intact recovered bullet that was still wearing a skirt though, so don't know what to think of that just yet.

They are light years ahead of the old original PowerBelts, in both BC and performance from what I have seen. But, so we're there Hornady FPB's, and they have discontinued those.

The biggest complaint I have work the New ELR's is the price @ $1.60 a pop.

I do agree they're the most accurate bullet power belts ever made, I'm trying to get over it they just give me juju,, if I can get them to start shooting a hole I'll get over that

Just shot 95 grains by weight with a 275 Pittman the group is not even worth posting it's an inch and a half,, before I walk away from the 275 Pittman I'm going to drop back down to 75 grains,, the 275 pitman would hunt in this rifle but I can't get it to shoot a hole, and you know it has to

All right I just shot 85 grains by weight, fury 250 star tip wool wad very loose seating pressure like I do my smokeless guns, I know those star tips don't kill cardboard and gelatin as well as some bullets please don't show this to that man in Michigan that makes these ,maybe we should call those Master starship Target bullets or something instead of just our star tipif I took them to a match I guess I could always hide them in my pocket if everybody else was shooting those fancy sharp bullets

Attachments

• 15805993126701934682914800149316.jpg
    15805993126701934682914800149316.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 6
You're welcome, I was aggravated with that 275 accumax it shot okay with 85 grains but not good enough, I think you could shoot this bullet and the fury275 I shot yesterday evening and posted at least this gun likes them. I might go ahead and jump to some 300 grains tomorrow and if they don't show any promise I'm going to go back to shooting some of the 40 cal 225 Pittman's,,,Paramount is a very nice rifle I think. Definitely a rifle worth getting a bullet die for

I'll order some Parker 250 and 275 might take a couple of weeks before I get them been meaning to try them anyway I am a big fan of the Pittman bullets

That last group with the 250 fury the gun barrel had 20 shots on it it hadn't been cleaned if anybody was wondering I wasn't cleaning any between shots or groups

All right I just shot 85 grains by weight, fury 250 star tip wool wad very loose seating pressure like I do my smokeless guns, I know those star tips don't kill cardboard and gelatin as well as some bullets please don't show this to that man in Michigan that makes these ,maybe we should call those Master starship Target bullets or something instead of just our star tipif I took them to a match I guess I could always hide them in my pocket if everybody else was shooting those fancy sharp bullets

That's a 1 holer! Good job.

Have you ever tried a vegetable fiber gasket wad? Maybe some of those other bullets would one of those better?

I have not , I'm new to wad shooting, I've sized a lot of bullets for smokeless rigs , I'm just learning about sizing bullets and shooting blackhorn powder ,, and learning my Paramount

Latest posts

Back