CVA Paramount Update

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot another group , very different conditions 20 mile-an-hour wind left to right 85 grains by weight Paramount,, 280 eld,, I'm fixing to put three more in the same group the wind is seddling a little bit I'll send another pic then. Tomorrow bore riders!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200131_155653587.jpg
    IMG_20200131_155653587.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 27
Really interested to see the full bore sized stuff (Especially the 275g projectiles) with the hotter 98/105g-wt loads in the paramount if you don't mind shooting a few of them to post. If your results are as good or better than the powerbelt then I may buy a sizing die.

I will try some hotter loads tomorrow or before the weekend is up as much as my hundred and fifty pound no muzzle brake self can shoot

All right good evening folks, managed to get one group four shots 275 fury star tip aluminum tip, CVA Paramount 85 grains of blackhorn by weight,again to those people who doubt the light charges in the Paramount I see potential here

Attachments

• IMG_20200131_175714988.jpg
    IMG_20200131_175714988.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 27
oh and by the way the first three were pretty much in a hole and then that one pulled to the right slightly

I shoot the 275 accumax tomorrow and 250 fury regular star tip,,and then I'll go up to hotter loads with these three bullets the 275 fury star tip aluminum tip, the 275 accumax, and the 250 fury star tip,,the next couple of weeks I'll shoot some 300 grain out of it also but I think the sweet spot is going to be the 275 s myself

No reason a paramount won’t shoot any 45 cal bullet well with a light charge that shoots well in other 45 cal barrels. I assume they’re saying the elr pb doesn’t shoot well with light charges. I have no idea if that’s true, but some bullets definitely shoot better with a kick compared to other bullets.

No reason a paramount won’t shoot any 45 cal bullet well with a light charge that shoots well in other 45 cal barrels. I assume they’re saying the elr pb doesn’t shoot well with light charges. I have no idea if that’s true, but some bullets definitely shoot better with a kick compared to other bullets.
I believe you are absolutely correct. CVA doesn't want shooters using any other bullet than their own bullets. Its the lame excuse they give for not showing up to compete.
I think the target above shows very well that it will shoot with lessor charges. CVA should take advantage of that IMO.

You're very welcome I'll be shooting a lot more I'll let you know, I really like the rifle I'm just not real big on the stock, and again my primer module's are perfectly clean.
I read a few days ago your post sayin you were gonna do some testing with diff bullets with diff bullet & powder weights in your paramount. I've been thinkin about lookin into the same type of testing myself. I have only shot I pk of the ELR's thus far @105gr bw. They shot impressively well on paper & body slammed 3 deer @130, 110, & 65yds with absolutely devastating damage. I have zero complaints with these or any other PB I've ever used. But I want a little lighter, faster, flatter shooting bullet to perhaps cut back on the charge some & still have the KE I'm looking for at 5-600 yards. I have a few bucks to spend so I just ordered a new chronograph ( my 1st ) & I called Bob Parker at Parker Bullets. He was a big help & great to chat with. I ordered 10 rounds of 250gr BE, 10- 275gr BE, 10- 275gr Black Max, 10- 310gr black max hollow base, and 20- 270gr match/hunter E Max. Bob threw in 50 felt wads for the flat base rounds. I am hoping the gun likes the 250gr BE behind 98gr BW BH 209 even Max loads of 105. If not then I'm really hopin the 270gr E MAx is the new winner for a permanent all purpose load. I'll be sure to post pics & results when I get them done. I am hoping to do a flowing shot then a 3 shot group at 100/200/300yds. Not sure if I'll have a full 300yds to set up yet, but it should be pretty close. Thanks so much for your great contribution with this endeavor . Kind regards

Last edited:
You're welcome I'll be shooting today post the pics as long as my phone lets me,, did you see that 275gr fury group yesterday evening I shot,, the power belt bullets are plenty accurate to go deer hunting with,, but I can't hunt with them if they don't shoot a hole

I'll get a muzzle brake put on the gun the next couple of months that'll help , I really like the Paramount even though I'm not fanatic about the stock,, I had two Remington ultimate muzzleloaders they just didn't make it ,,pull both barrels off and replace with Luke's remage barrel nut barrels, both those guns absolutely shoot a hole with multiple bullets,,I'd rather have this factory Paramount than two of those Remington ultimate muzzleloaders,, but those single-shot Remington actions are cool, at least to build another gun from have a good morning

You're welcome I'll be shooting today post the pics as long as my phone lets me,, did you see that 275gr fury group yesterday evening I shot,, the power belt bullets are plenty accurate to go deer hunting with,, but I can't hunt with them if they don't shoot a hole
Yes I sure did see your target from the 275 fury. Nice shooting. Thanks for the data & pics. It's this thread & members input here that led me to make the paramount my " final answer " in a yr long research & education as to what my new ML was going to be for what I could afford or save a lil more to obtain. I am extremely happy with it except the recoil. I shot a 3 shot group @100yds with 2 shots thru the same hole barely noticeable that 2 rounds went threw it & the 3rd was 1/4" from connecting them all. My Variflames are not leaking at all after 15 shots. I just slightly backed up the BP a few degrees. I read thru all the modern muzzleloader forums I'm into & interested in getting into every mornin with my coffee. It's become a very pleasant & very helpful new mornin ritual along with my mornin life's blood. Kind regards

I'll get a muzzle brake put on the gun the next couple of months that'll help , I really like the Paramount even though I'm not fanatic about the stock,, I had two Remington ultimate muzzleloaders they just didn't make it ,,pull both barrels off and replace with Luke's remage barrel nut barrels, both those guns absolutely shoot a hole with multiple bullets,,I'd rather have this factory Paramount than two of those Remington ultimate muzzleloaders,, but those single-shot Remington actions are cool, at least to build another gun from have a good morning
Muzzle brake - YES it's coming for mine for sure. I just want something on the small side with side ports that look aesthetically pleasing to the barrel & not be a large object that looks like it ought to be on a .50BMG. I'll have to remove my own barrel & ship it to someone to have it threaded & just may have what I want made & put on then shipped back. The stock - I do like it, but it's way different from any of the many guns I've had in the past. I removed 1 butt spacer & raised the cheek rest up 3/8" I'm happy as a clam. I'm perfectly happy with the trigger pull as well. I've never had a " Sniper Rifle/Tactical " set up before & this is my 1st introduction to Blackhorn 209 as well. Needless to say, I'm excited & fascinated with this new shooting experience & learning tons. Happy mind/happy hands/happy shooting results. Kind regards

Pitman 275 accumax 85 grains of blackhorn by weight wool wad calm wind,, fixing to go to 90gr and then 95gr just going to stay on the 275 for now,,

Attachments

• IMG_20200201_111641001.jpg
    IMG_20200201_111641001.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back