CVA Paramount Update

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes I'm starting with 452 ,tell, you what this coming weekend I'll shoot some groups,275 Pittman's,fury250 startip,and 275 fury,, by the way my 22 twist Acura loves the 225 Pittman 40 cal, I think the Paramount will love it too,,
You know what, I have a box of Pittman Accumax .402 250G bullets. Unless I size them they were a bit too tight to fit the Paramount, with the crush rib sabots. I don't think I want to bother with sabots anyway. Shoot me a PM with your address and I will ship them to you if you want them.

I dont think the Pittman 402 250gr is going to stabilize in a 1-22. That bullet is over 1.3" long
Yep I figured it wouldn't shoot that well. However if Mnt Monkey is willing to go shoot some groups with some full bore projectiles and post them here, the least I can do is toss in some SWAG. I figure the $7 to ship them is worth the data... I dont need him to shoot these out of the Paramount, but I'm sure one of his smokeless setups would love them.

Harvester light blue ,, I shot a doe in the neck with the 40 cal 225 Pittman this year 70 grains by weight of blackhorn out of the Acura 22 twist,, she dropped in her tracks the wound was absolutely devastating,I tend to put accuracy way above bullet performance, but so far I've been very happy with every deer I've shot with a Pittman Bullet

I see the new .50 caliber Power Belt Paramount ELR is going to weigh 325 grains.

I posted this thread back in November of 2018, before their release to the public.

Did PowerBelt and CVA finally get it right this time?

I haven't bought any to try, but from all accounts that I have read and seen so far, at least the .45 caliber ELR is working well up close and afar. Good news for both of them, for sure. Let's hope their new .50 caliber enjoys the same success.

https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/did-powerbelt-cva-finally-get-it-right-this-time.32820/

I might even buy a pack of each to add to my PowerBelt collection, which includes the original Black Belts and this pack of Knight PowerBelts. lol

007 (9).jpg
009 (11).jpg

I'm looking forward to that Paramount 50 cal I'm going to have to have one I hope the 22 twist is optimal for a 325 I think it's definitely headed in the right direction if nothing else it gives you a lot of 451 and 452 bullets to shoot in a sabot, I'll be shooting those 50 cal fury's first

I'll be shooting the Paramount and the Acura Saturday morning, I'll start out with the factory bullets, the eLR 285I'll shoot several different charges in the Paramount , probably stick to 70 grains by weight in the Acura, I'll then go ahead and jump over to the 275 accumax the 250 fury star tip and maybe the 275 fury star tip aluminum tip, also if I get time I'll shoot some more 225 40 cal Pittman's and light blue Sabot, I'll post my results

I'll be shooting the Paramount and the Acura Saturday morning, I'll start out with the factory bullets, the eLR 285I'll shoot several different charges in the Paramount , probably stick to 70 grains by weight in the Acura, I'll then go ahead and jump over to the 275 accumax the 250 fury star tip and maybe the 275 fury star tip aluminum tip, also if I get time I'll shoot some more 225 40 cal Pittman's and light blue Sabot, I'll post my results

IF...…. you could, would you try one of the bullets (your choice) with 84grs weight of BH to check accuracy?
Those in charge at CVA are adamant that it can not be accurate with anything other than a maximum charge.

Absolutely I will, I went back and look at some of my records when I first got the gun I shot the Accu max275 and the 250 fury star tip with 80 grainsI did not take a picture but in my notes it said it shot as good as any of my smokeless rifles I'll see about that this weekend,I have numerous 300 grain and 325 but I'm not going to shoot them until I've exhausted all the 275 and 250 options, and a few 40 Cal's in sabots

Got home before dark tonight I decided I'd go ahead and dirty up that Paramount shot one group with 85 grains of blackhorn, 4 shots first shot to the left is foul shot clean barrel, then I shot a group of three kind of in a hurry was starting to sprinkle rain a little. Calm conditions 50 degree temperature oh and by the way that's the 280 grain eld

Attachments

• 15804266039332871026143414343518.jpg
    15804266039332871026143414343518.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200130_172051691.jpg
    IMG_20200130_172051691.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 15
Back