CVA Paramount Update

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice setup that works.

Question: I have not learned …. yet.... to take a screen shot on my phone. How is that done? Is it done by the camera icon, then just saved in your phone? I also use the Caldwell chronograph, but I just take a photo of my phone. Not used to all this smart phone stuff yet. Oh, I use an iPhone, not Android.
Thank you, the shooting " bench " is only 2x10's on saw horses with plywood & a cpl pcs of carpet. The chair is metal folding with old lawn chair cushions. Redneck hucklebuck just like me. Lol
Great question, I'm so glad you have an iphone too. Or I prob wouldn't be able to help either. I'm little more than a Neo Neanderthal myself. My fav tool will always be a BFH - big hammer! I pulled the Caldwell app screen I wanted then simultaneously pressed on my phone the top right on/off button & the return to home screen button bottom center. That takes a " screen shot " of whatever is there. Hope this helps. Kind regards

Thank you, the shooting " bench " is only 2x10's on saw horses with plywood & a cpl pcs of carpet. The chair is metal folding with old lawn chair cushions. Redneck hucklebuck just like me. Lol
Great question, I'm so glad you have an iphone too. Or I prob wouldn't be able to help either. I'm little more than a Neo Neanderthal myself. My fav tool will always be a BFH - big hammer! I pulled the Caldwell app screen I wanted then simultaneously pressed on my phone the top right on/off button & the return to home screen button bottom center. That takes a " screen shot " of whatever is there. Hope this helps. Kind regards
Crossed posts. LOL
I should have known just to ask the phone itself in the first place.

from what I can tell.....it looks like the prototypes are official on the Fury page

they are called "45 CAL STB" they are described as "OVERSIZED AT .453 TO FIT ALL PRODUCTION BARRELS"

I think I might give them a try
Hi Dave, welcome to the group. I'm a pretty newbe too, only a member for 6mo now. But now I ain't goin anywhere. I'm also ( thanks to Mtn monkey a new Fury Bullet fan & Dennis is really a great guy. Idk whether I'm gonna continue with the 250gr but the .453 265gr are very very nice, accurate & affordable to bench shoot a lot. If ya read back thru Mtn monkeys & my posts regarding the new Fury's & braking away from the PB ELR's you'll get data from both ends of the spectrum due to we are both shooting at about same elevation, climate temp & RH ranges BUT we are testing at the bottom end 84gr BW of charge weights to the very top of the " recommended "< to guys like me, that's not a limiting term, but a suggestive term to be experimented with at, below & above - push the limits both ways. I'm testing everything at 98 & 105gr bw & I'm the kinda guy that can't help himself to see what 10 more gr will do. Expect it. I/we- Mtn monkey & myself are both excited with the Paramount & this endeavor exp w/testing new bullets in our guns ( also one will be using a muzzle brake ME & Mtn money factory barrel. Both testing Parker bullets in various weights & we both love & see great results & future for these new Fury .453 250 & 265gr bullets. We hope you & the rest of the paramount guys enjoy this as much as we do & learning something new in the process is always a wonderful welcome thing too. We both hope this opens up a new successful line of bullets for Dennis aka Mr Fury as well & every paramount owner benefit.kind regards

from what I can tell.....it looks like the prototypes are official on the Fury page

they are called "45 CAL STB" they are described as "OVERSIZED AT .453 TO FIT ALL PRODUCTION BARRELS"

I think I might give them a try
I forgot to mention one critical point. If you pursue the Fury .453's you will need an adj sizing die that opens up to .453 the Hankins adj die kit is fantastic & worth every cent. The bullets ( pending ambient temps may need a slight kiss thru the die. To .4525 there a bouts is working great thus far.
If you have a sizing die PM me your address. I'll send ya a few of both weights to try a cpl groups & see if you & your gun likes them too. It's a great op for me to pay some forward like what's been done for me since joining the group. Kind regards

I think you can use those powders only loose granular,I'm sure that there are some on this website that have tried other powders however I think most are going to be shooting Black Horn,, have you shot blackhorn in your Paramount yet?

I think we should start a movement, like the million Man March they have in Washington,we should all load up and head to wherever Western powders is gather out in front of the plant complex and demand a cheaper price on Black Horn,, the price stop's a lot of people from enjoying muzzleloading, I wish that there was a western powder representative on this site,, and then again I might have hard words for him.

Can Triple 7 and Pyrodex be used in the Paramount? What about Goex BP?
The Paramount will shoot BP and BPS, including pellets. The LRMP's will ignite it and pellets just fine. LRMP's are what is used in both the UF and RUM rifles using pellets.
Just a note though, they designed the rifle towards BH209.

Can Triple 7 and Pyrodex be used in the Paramount? What about Goex BP?
I have a Paramount too. I don't see why you couldn't use T7/Pyrodex/BP in your Paramount. You will not exceed the pressures that 105gr bw BH 209 will do. I'm pretty sure of that. BUT why the heck would you want to do that? Especially for a gun that was specifically designed for shooting BH 209? Is it the rather exuberant cost of the Blackhorn? For what you will lose in MV, easy numerous repeated reload shots with no severe fouling or a significant increase in bore tension when reloading, & don't even get me started on the clean up aspect between BH 209 & the others. There IS NO comparison. I'm very curious to hear your reply. Thanks so much. Welcome to the group & thread. Kind regards

I think we should start a movement, like the million Man March they have in Washington,we should all load up and head to wherever Western powders is gather out in front of the plant complex and demand a cheaper price on Black Horn,, the price stop's a lot of people from enjoying muzzleloading, I wish that there was a western powder representative on this site,, and then again I might have hard words for him.
Yes something really needs to be done about the BH 209 cost for sure. It's been 34.00 per 10oz can at Walmarts. I'm not sure if Bass Pro Shop/Cabales charged the same or they were 1.00 more??? But I am out completely & the walmarts within 50mi from me do not have any or anything ML on their shelves. I went to Bass Pro Shop Fri. They had 3-10oz cans, they jumped their price up to 46.99. I almost broke out my rape whistle ( I can hear ya gigglin when that visual hits ya ) but took a very deep breath to try and keep any suggestions as to where they can put them from flying right outta my now agitated redneck yapp and as politely as I could muster kindly refused to pay that price. They couldn't find BH 209 at walmart online to price match with bc walmart removed all info on all things like BP & BH 209 from their search data. You must know & input the store sku# for BH 209 to find it. Sounds like some Dicks sporting goods BS thinking to me. SO I'm still outta Blackhorn. It looks like now the only way I'm going to be able to continue shooting BH 209 is on my very very limited budget too save & sacrifice a lot of other daily things long enough to buy online 5lbs & just suck it up. OR wait until ML season comes back in then buy a 34-46.00 10oz can & it will have to last all hunting season with very little bench target shooting. Thats a really big, really bitter pill to swallow. Kind regards

The only alternative to Black Horn to me is smokeless muzzleloading, it shouldn't be that way.,it's hard for me to even take an honest look at the other alternatives triple 7 etc,if I was Western powders I would be more sensitive to market need and shooters needs across the country I believe that that need is greater than ever, someone, some other powder companies going to step up to the plate and make something that's even better than Black Horn, and yes I absolutely believe blackhorn could even be better,,, I sold my dog and one of my grandkids to buy the next 5 lb a black horn

Blackhorn is like crack cocaine for the muzzleloader once you start using that you got to have it all right I'll calm down friends, I have strong feelings about this topic y'all forgive me

The only alternative to Black Horn to me is smokeless muzzleloading, it shouldn't be that way.,it's hard for me to even take an honest look at the other alternatives triple 7 etc,if I was Western powders I would be more sensitive to market need and shooters needs across the country I believe that that need is greater than ever, someone, some other powder companies going to step up to the plate and make something that's even better than Black Horn, and yes I absolutely believe blackhorn could even be better,,, I sold my dog and one of my grandkids to buy the next 5 lb a black horn
That's a great idea. I don't have a dog anymore, & I've never had kids.... But the neighbors do lol

Well Canada might have a problem with a million muzzleloading enthusiasts coming across the border? Blackhorn 209 is made by General Dynamics in Quebec and shipped in drums to Western Powders in Montana. It's put in smaller retail containers in Miles City.

Until Hodgdon gets their new Triple Ei8ht or another worthy challenger on the market, I don't see Blackhorn going down anytime soon. Western has a wholesale price, it's the retailers that are raping people. Just look at Cabela's since Bass Pro bought them, they are charging $49. You know they are buying it by the truckload. Mom and Pops can't buy in that kind of volume, and incur the large HazMat charges on their smaller volume, which they have no choice to include in the retail price.

You might be able to trade a couple rolls of toilet paper for a jug of Blackhorn right now.

89702469_253060715692367_4307917657484558336_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back