CVA Paramount Update

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want one of those little bitty scooters that you just stand on it and hold the handlebars they got some that run off road,,, if I don't see no deer I can do me some stump jumping!!! Actually covering a lot of ground in a quiet manner like that is appealing also

I want one of those little bitty scooters that you just stand on it and hold the handlebars they got some that run off road,,, if I don't see no deer I can do me some stump jumping!!! Actually covering a lot of ground in a quiet manner like that is appealing also
LMAO thats awesome. Lets get 2 of them, then we can joust or demolition derby with each other, or we can take good ole " cow tippin " to a whole nother level.... you are in Texas afterall. You just wanna scooter lol

I could always just mount that paramount on that cart and shoot it like a howitzer cannon, it's heavy enough,, anyway to get back on topic I think I will consider buying a lighter stock for my paramount,,and take the big target scope off of it and get something smaller,,could always cut the barrel off some,,make it point easier,,get one of those anti-recoil buttons installed,,take it to the next paramount world champion ship shoot off and beat everybody!!!man I might as well drag that trotline anchor out and shoot it today,,report on more Paramount shooting tomorrow

I could always just mount that paramount on that cart and shoot it like a howitzer cannon, it's heavy enough,, anyway to get back on topic I think I will consider buying a lighter stock for my paramount,,and take the big target scope off of it and get something smaller,,could always cut the barrel off some,,make it point easier,,get one of those anti-recoil buttons installed,,take it to the next paramount world champion ship shoot off and beat everybody!!!man I might as well drag that trotline anchor out and shoot it today,,report on more Paramount shooting tomorrow
Awesome post. I sure wouldn't want my Paramount any freakin heavier thats for sure. I finally got mine shootin a nice group yesterday. Ill get pics up of my 100yd dial in target with the Fury 275gr ST2P bullets & 105gr W BH 209, No wad. Avg mv was 2360 fps. I'm abit surprised when I looked up my chrony data from shootin the PB ELR 280gr bullets with the same charge my avg mv was 2411 fps SD 9.8. I thought the fury bullets would be abit faster. I sure can't complain with 2 shots in .260" & 3rd shot in .331" @100yds. Dead nuts @200yds .5H & .5L. I have to use my phone to post the pics. I'll do that in a few. I've been wanting to post new pics since the gun is finished with the brake anyway.

Ok here's my Paramount with the 5 Port 1piece titanium Beast Brake from MuzzleBrakesandMore . I had barrel threaded 3/4x24tpi the brake is 3.11L x 1.120 dia. Weighs 3oz. I had it chamfered, Bored to fit the custom length ASG Load Thru SS Funnel & Cerakoted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 25
I was shooting Fury ST2P 275gr bullets knurled up to .453. When it's above 80* they fit perfectly down the bore with just the right bore tension. When it's cold I must size bullets to .4525 for the same fit. A .4525 bullet when it's hot will fall down or out of this Bergara barrel. The charge is 105gr W BH 209. No wad.
First pic is all 5 shots at 100yds. Top right hole was fouling. Bottom right I pulled 1.125". Two shots in .260" & a third shot in .331". This is 3.5moa down from my 200yd zero.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 13
I have read many many posts about variflame leakage. Here are five of my OEM adapters and as you can see they are spotless all over except right at the flash hole. Is my gun an anomaly or did CVA perhaps fix the issue ? I’ve read about heavier springs in the bolt too, perhaps this is one of them ???
RandyEF941E91-6E9A-4C46-A8E5-FBD29CDEE498.jpeg

My very flame adapters for my paramount are even cleaner than yours I have had to buy another breach plug though because the first plug began to leak down the sidewall bad,,I called CVA and they sent me another plug however I see the same issue on the plug they sent me which tells me the threads inside my barrel are probably not concentric but it's okay I can work around that I suppose every plug is going to leak down the sidewall on my particular rifle ,,it still shoots very well,, I do not like the size of the primer module,I haven't tried to reload the gun quickly out hunting because it's not a hunting rifle to me , I'm a little bit spoiled by the hankins arrowhead type modules ,,can't imagine in a cold morning having gloves on and trying to get that little veriflame module into the gun and loaded,, then again I probably won't be carrying the Paramount hunting

I'm not sure what the problem is with the threads inside my barrel if I've used the wrong word please forgive me I'm not a machinist all I know as I'm getting a lot of leaking down one side of my breach plug The threads on my plug do not seem to mate very well to the threads inside the barrel perhaps you have a better term for that

I'm not sure what the problem is with the threads inside my barrel if I've used the wrong word please forgive me I'm not a machinist all I know as I'm getting a lot of leaking down one side of my breach plug The threads on my plug do not seem to mate very well to the threads inside the barrel perhaps you have a better term for that

I would have to really see it to determine if it’s out of round to create a leak path. My guess would be the breech plug threads are undersize or barrel threads are oversize, not impossible but highly unlikely. The fact that the old and new share the same issue tells me the problem is in the barrels threads. Strange.

I use automotive unit-sieze compound on my Accura plug. My first barrel bent the seal on both of my plugs. I don't get any leakage through the threads. I'm using Fury .401 310 gr. OT bullets in a sabot. They shoot o.k. and have the sectional density I want for elk.

I have played around with my Paramount quite a bit on the breech plug and leakage. My primers always looked really good and clean but I would seem to get a little smoke around the breech plug. So I started using the traditions anti-seize that comes in the stick, like chapstick, I apply the full length of the plug. Then I run the breech plug in just finger tight. So far I haven’t noticed any leakage since.

Back