First Inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruinFlinter

Reaction score
After debating between the TC Omega and The TC Triumph I purchased the TC Triumph this weekend. I paired it with a Nikon 3-9x40. This is my first inline an I am looking for load suggestions that folks have found to work well with this gun. I was thinking of starting out with 2 50gr 777 pellets and 250gr TC shockwaves. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Triumph004.jpg

Triumph005.jpg

Man! Don't lay that down and walk away... Good looking combo!

From what I have read that should get you decent accuracy... but powder is less expensive to shoot and you can tailor a load to the gun.

that is a great lookin setup, congrats! i agree go powder its really not that much more work.

What gun? :huh?:

No that is a fine looking outfit :yeah:

I know you just bought the pellets but when they are gone I would get some Loose 777 you can tweek your loades better with loose powder & it is cheaper per shot also.

300gr shockwave or SST same bullet
300gr Hornady XTP
290gr Sitfire TMZ w E-Z load sabot BARNS/KNIGHT

GOOD LUCK & SAFE SHOOTING

Lungbuster1

You can start with the pellets that load should give you a very good start . When you start do'nt worry about POA for about 20 or 30 shots give the gun a little time to break in . In my 209x50 Omega my pet loads are 110gr ff 777 loose and the 250gr SST ( shockwave ) , under 1" groups at 100 yrds. 3 weeks ago there was a member at my gun club that was tring to find a load for his new Triumph and he started with 2 pellets . Your gun is just like an Omega ( Same barrel ) so you should be in for much fun with it .
Charlie

Thanks for the information guys. As soon as I use the the 777 pellets I have I'm going to give the loose 777 powder a try.

Briunflinter,

DO NOT set that rifle down...you will likely be hunting for it instead of deer. :roll: :roll:

As wtih all inlines you are "handloading" the rifle. Hodgdon's 777 powder will provide you with the most loading variables to achieve excellent accuracy. Once you start using 777 loose powder be sure to load in 5 grain increments starting at 95.0 grains and stopping at 110 or maybe 115 grains.

chocdog

Bruinflinter, what rings are those?? By the way that is one fine looking ML. Next time post a picture of it with a nice buck underneath it. :D

That really is a sharp looking rig.

Just for giggles, I would try three pellets and the 250 grain Shockwave. The Triumph is suppose to handle it no sweat. Or the two pellts and the SW should be a fine place to start.

I really like that rifle and scope combination... :D

Has anyone replaced their ramrod on the Triumph to one of the TC Power Rods ? I spoke with TC customer service and they said the Power Rod for the Omega should fit the Triumph without problems.

I have also heard that the Power Rods are cut to length for utilizing 150 grain (3 pellet) charges and sometimes are too short for 100 grain charges. Has anyone had any experience with this ? TC also offers a universal Power Rod which you can cut to length.

Back