Fowler's Peep Site. . .anyone know about them?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Offshore

Reaction score
WEll. . .I can not seem to figure out how to post pictures on this website forum. Anyway. . .I saw a peep sight today that I would LOVE to try out, but can't find squat on the web about it. Maybe some of you guys know more about it. The sight is called a Fowler's Peep Sight and it is nice and stream line, not big and bulky like the Williams or Lymans nor is a mess looking like the T/C Hawken sight. If anyone knows where I may get one of these or if there is something very simular out there PLEASE let me know. Thanks in advance.

P.S. and if someone wants to send me their email address that can post pictures, I will forward this picture/info I have to them to upload!

It’s a good looking Sight for a “set it, and forget it” :lewis:

0M9pQwGl.jpg

I can’t find anything else on that “Fowlers Peep Sight”? And that is the 1st, and ONLY one i have Ever seen, I had never even heard of it til you mentioned it

Have you seen The Skinners “Renegade” Peep? Similar Low profile type, Except Barrel Mount instead of Tang, You can get an Array of Apertures for this Skinner, it comes with the Large .125 Which is likely what you need for a Barrel Mount Peep, Maybe even the .155 XL?
VbPm6ypl.jpg

Lewis,
I have seen the Skinner Sights and they are a "set it and forget it", the Fowler's is adjustable simular to a Williams Sight for a Ruger 10/22. It slides on a rail for elevation, then slides on a dovetail for windage. I would really like something as streamlined as that sight. . .I love a peep sight.

I'm soley a hunter, but I demand precision accuracy from everything. I have shot muzzleloaders all my life, but I am really fond of my centerfire long range rifles and pistols. I have a custom 50 cal Encore that is evil out to 250 yards. . .but, I'm finding myself wanting to tweak the few sidelocks I have and turn them into shooters. I can see this is going to be another costly endevor. . .everyone has to have a vice! Mine are slinging lead and arrows. Thanks for searching and the replies fellas.

Lewis,
I have seen the Skinner Sights and they are a "set it and forget it", the Fowler's is adjustable simular to a Williams Sight for a Ruger 10/22. It slides on a rail for elevation, then slides on a dovetail for windage. I would really like something as streamlined as that sight. . .I love a peep sight.

I'm soley a hunter, but I demand precision accuracy from everything. I have shot muzzleloaders all my life, but I am really fond of my centerfire long range rifles and pistols. I have a custom 50 cal Encore that is evil out to 250 yards. . .but, I'm finding myself wanting to tweak the few sidelocks I have and turn them into shooters. I can see this is going to be another costly endevor. . .everyone has to have a vice! Mine are slinging lead and arrows. Thanks for searching and the replies fellas.

First off, i have NOTHING in the World against inline Rifles. But FACT is a Sidelock Muzzleloader can be EVERY Bit as accurate as ANY inline Made, I have an Armload of them that I have Built/Put together that i would put up against ALL 3 inlines i have owned ANY DAY!! Of the 3 inlines i owned, the nicest was a Brand New Knight Mountaineer 1:20 Twist .45 Cal, That Gun is on Knight Rifles YouTube Page with me Ringing a Gong at 600 Yards with my Paper Patch Bullets. All 3 inline Rifles i owned Shot VERY Good, The Knight Mountaineer was AWESOME in everyway!! That Gun was SO Modern, that it was MUCH More like a High End Centerfire Rifle than a Muzzleloader. FACT is, the inline Rifles i owned were NO Better than these Sidelock Muzzleloaders that “I personally” have Put together. I don’t own 1 Single inline Muzzleloader today, That Say’s Quite a Bit :)

I MUCH Prefer my Sidelock Muzzleloaders, With a GOOD Quality Barrel, and set up Properly, they can be WICKED Accurate! They have AWESOME Set Triggers in them, even the Old Stock TC Triggers, I would put these Set Triggers up against my 300 Dollar Bix’ N Andy Ball Bearing Triggers in my 2 Centerfires, These Set Triggers are that Good!! I find Sidelock Muzzleloaders FAR AND AWAY easier to Clean/Care for than the inlines i owned, And The Ole Sidelocks actually look, and Feel like a Real Muzzleloader :lewis:

I fully agree sir. There is something about those sidelocks that just beams elegance and beauty.
Walk

I get that the sidelocks you’ve put together are great, I’ve seen the target pictures to prove it, but the average out of the box sidelock is a far cry from the average out of the box inline.

I get that the sidelocks you’ve put together are great, I’ve seen the target pictures to prove it, but the average out of the box sidelock is a far cry from the average out of the box inline.

You are ABSOLUTELY Right! That’s why I didn’t say ANYTHING REMOTELY like that ;)

There just aren’t many options for High Quality, Bullet Twist Sidelocks Readily available. They have to be Put together, a Quality Barrel is needed.

Back