I have my doubts !!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1874sharpsshooter

Reaction score
The powerbelt ELR bullets have an extremely high BC . Thing is the 330 gr 50 cal BC is based on 170 gr Blackhorn the 45 like a 160
I would be reluctant to pull the trigger on 170 gr . But i have a hard time believing that a gun could actually burn that much powder , therefore th BC is bogus in my book. At least I wouldn't put to much stock in their numbers

Biggest factor in BC is diameter, then weight, then nose shape.
Long - skinny - bullets…

they are very accurate in my gun however I do not think they are for hunting anything I care to eat
a massive hollow point with, from what I'm told, plated jacket sounds like a grenade to me, but for shooting steel and paper they are hard to beat

just curious ........ what results have y'all had with shooting powerbelts in guns other than CVAs compared to other bullets shot in your non CVA guns ?
are CVAs PBs as accurate as the other bullets ? about the same ? or do the PBs get their butts whooped ? and what other bullets are you comparing them to ?

I used up some powerbelts I got along with a White rifle some years ago, to sight in a scope. They loaded just about like the Bullshop Conicals I used for the final hunting bullet.
They are good for that...

just curious ........ what results have y'all had with shooting powerbelts in guns other than CVAs compared to other bullets shot in your non CVA guns ?
are CVAs PBs as accurate as the other bullets ? about the same ? or do the PBs get their butts whooped ? and what other bullets are you comparing them to ?
Powerbelts can be super accurate. I bought a used Kodiak .45 that came with a couple hundred different powerbelts and I shot those just to get accustomed to the gun. 100 yard groups under an inch were the norm. They just do not have a good reputation on game larger than a coyote.

Back