Knight ultra light vs Knight mountaineer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are a bad influence. You have me looking at an UL. Midway has a good deal on a .45 Colorado version. What would my bullet options be with a full bore .45?

This would blow my stimulus payment. :(

Start here, but the list goes on & on...……. :)

Note........... the sabots in this photo were if shooting 50cal

Various 45 bullets.JPG

Left to right..... 200gr FTX, 300gr Parker BE, 275gr Parker BE, 300gr SST, 300gr Parker Match Hunter, 275gr Fury ST2, 300gr Fury ST2, 275gr Pittman Aeromax, 300gr Pittman Aeromax, 300gr Arrowhead XLD.

On & on & on...……

IMG_1873A.jpg

This is the one that I am using...

45-260.jpg

Lehigh .458x260 Sabotless... they shoot great and perform really well!

3-14-19-Knight-Lehigh-Shoot.jpg

The 2nd picture are conicals?

edit..Oops! You snuck in your post. Ok, they look good.

You guys are a bad influence. You have me looking at an UL. Midway has a good deal on a .45 Colorado version. What would my bullet options be with a full bore .45?

This would blow my stimulus payment. :(

I've seen more than one person call it a new gun stimulus check :2cool:
I'd say that might be good use of it Muley!

Yes, but i'm not sure how smart it is. I already have a 6lb gun that will kill any deer.

Ah well, it's only money.

Would you believe i'm torn between the UL and a flintlock longrifle. Of course you would. I'm Muley and i'm nuts!

Sorry for grabbing the thread. Greg must be steaming.

I just looked up the regulations. I couldn't hunt for elk with a .45 no matter what the bullet weighed. I'll have to spend more and get a .50. Midway just has the .45.

Colorado is so dumb. A 300gr .45 won't kill an elk but they'll let you use a 225gr round ball.

Well i sent my stimulus money to knight and a brand new ultra light showed up at the door last Friday. I must say I am happy with my choice. Thanks to everyone for all the information.
good luck with it, what caliber

I went with the .45 so far so good I have only put 5 shots through it though.
I have had good success with cutting edge maximus 240 grain and 90 grains 777 fff , pretty devastating on whitetail. you just cant push it to fast

I backed off the UL when I saw it has a 13.5" LOP. About 1" short for my long arms.

The CVA Accura MR fits me and the LOP is 14.5". It's rare to find that long of a LOP in production guns. That's probably why I buy CVA's.

Latest posts

Back